Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique
DIO’s Regional Delivery United States Visiting Forces team are expanding and undergoing a large recruitment drive, and we want you!
This is an exciting time to join our diverse, unique and motivated team where we are seeking likeminded and talented individuals. Our roles provide a great sense of achievement and enrichment, by supporting accomplishing our teams’ outputs and goals based at various United States Air Force (USAF) bases.
No two days are the same as we support the United States Visiting Forces (USVF) in the UK. Our outputs include the delivery of works; developing and implementing DIO/US Civil Engineering joint policy and procedures and undertaking Estate Stewardship on behalf of the Secretary of State to ensure the estate is Safe and Legally compliant.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Programme Manager to become specialised in the Facility Management and project construction arena. The project manager be situated at RAF Wyton. The successful applicant will provide leadership and direction to their team to deliver outputs with minimal supervision and direction and we are therefore seeking a highly motivated individual, who is an experienced team leader with a passion to achieve results.
Leadership and Management
• Undertake works collaboratively with the other Area Managers and wider DIO team
- Provide leadership for the team/ function with minimal supervision and direction
- Responsible for developing and supporting the team, enabling them to deliver departmental goals
Governance Structure Management
- Responsible for agreement of the RD USVF Command Infrastructure Development Plan (CIDP) for each US Financial Year. Liaison with DIO site, Commercial and Finance leads, as well as US Customer and Industry Partner (IP) to ensure requirements agreed onto CIDP are acheivable and properly montiored.
- Regular liaison with DIO site Additional Work Services (AWS) personel to review and update CIDP, addressing issues and resolving queries, as well as highlighting issues of concern that may require action or intervention to B1 Regional Manager and other relavnt regional, Commercial, Finance and customer stakeholders.
- Provide regular progress reports utilising CIDP data, monthly and ad-hoc as required, to feed DIO and US customer corporate reporting and governance structures
Additional Work Services Delivery Mechanism Contract Management
- Responsible for ensuring DIO site teams Senior Estate Facilities Manager (SEFM) and Estate Facilities Manager (EFM) adhere to agreed DIO contractual process and procedures.
- Regular liaison with site teams on works approval priority, updating outstanding commercial approvals tracker to manage and ensure swift approvals activity and priortisation of activity with commercial collegues.
We also have a YouTube Video for a unique insight into DIO: https://www.youtube.com/embed/I9tLu3UdiGY?rel=0
We enable our people to work at the right place, with the right people, at the right time.
We believe that if we look after our people they will be passionate about delivering great things for our customers.
We understand the importance of life outside of work and our industry leading flexible working practices, digital technology and modern workspaces will give you the opportunity to enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
Some of the many benefits you will receive:
- Highly competitive Pension Scheme
- Flexi-time scheme
- Alternative working practices such as working from home
- 25 days annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
- Ability to roll over up to 10 days annual leave per year
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday
- Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period to for volunteer military or emergency service reserve commitments
- Special Paid Leave for volunteering up to 6 days a year
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Employee Assistance Programme to support your wellbeing
- Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Sports & Social Club, Gym and / or site shops
Learning & Development
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Access to thousands of training courses through Civil Service Learning, some free or paid by DIO
- Ability to obtain industry recognised qualifications supported by DIO
For further information regarding this vacancy please contact:
Contact Name: Mark Keen
Telephone: 07929 763254
For full role details, please click the apply button to redirect to Civil Service Jobs which is the Only Official Way to apply for the role.
Closing date: Apply before 11:55 pm on Thursday 20th May 2021