Assurance Support Officer
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique
DIO’s Regional Delivery United States Visiting Forces team are expanding and undergoing a large recruitment drive, and we want you!
This is an exciting time to join our diverse, unique and motivated team where we are seeking likeminded and talented individuals. Our roles provide a great sense of achievement and enrichment, by supporting accomplishing our teams’ outputs and goals based at various United States Air Force (USAF) bases.
No two days are the same as we support the United States Visiting Forces (USVF) in the UK. Our outputs include the delivery of works; developing and implementing DIO/US Civil Engineering joint policy and procedures and undertaking Estate Stewardship on behalf of the Secretary of State to ensure the estate is Safe and Legally compliant.
This is an exciting opportunity for Assurance Support Officers to become specialised in the Facility Management and project construction arena. The Assurance team will be situated at various locations across the USVF Estate. The successful applicant will deliver outputs with some supervision from the Assurance Manager and we are therefore seeking a highly motivated individual, with a passion to achieve results.
DIO 2nd Party Assurance:
- Management through a range of assurance activities for CORE, Additional Works and Stewardship teams.
- Carry out a % of programmed monthly assurance checks and inspections across all planned and reactive supplier activities in delivery of the DIO Maintenance Contract
Corporate & Team Support
Familiarity of MOD standards and systems through attending training and briefings/presentations; familiarity with DIO Maintenance Contract and supporting processes; adherence to process and promotion of adherence for USVF and supplier stakeholders; attendance at DIO corporate meetings and events as appropriate; support Estate Facilities Manager (EFM) and colleagues on progression of contract mechanisms including Compensation Events; Early Warnings; Business Cases for Host Nation funded work and Contract Amendments; supporting EFM on specific task-driven objectives including mobilisation and de-mobilisation of contracts and facilitating surveys and site visit.
Stakeholder Management & Issue Resolution:
Developing and maintaining positive and collaborative working relationships with a range of stakeholders, including USVF, contracted maintenance suppliers and DIO colleagues; adherence to and promotion of JSP375 and Safe Systems of Work; Familiarity with Health & Safety risks (eg. Asbestos, Legionella, Environmental); supporting EFM at meetings as required for DIO Maintenance Contract on assurance aspects; support on Core Services workstreams as required; liaising with end-user and suppliers to ensure service delivery and resolution of issues
Management of Assurance Across Teams:
Planning and implementing Assurance programmes with the 3 DIO teams, Core, AWS and Stewardship. This may involve getting involved in assuring live projects, Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Base Facility Management Agreement (BFMA) and Works. Form 29, USVF Self Works, assurance being one of these tasks.
We also have a YouTube Video for a unique insight into DIO: https://www.youtube.com/embed/I9tLu3UdiGY?rel=0
We enable our people to work at the right place, with the right people, at the right time.
We believe that if we look after our people they will be passionate about delivering great things for our customers.
We understand the importance of life outside of work and our industry leading flexible working practices, digital technology and modern workspaces will give you the opportunity to enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
Some of the many benefits you will receive:
- Highly competitive Pension Scheme
- Flexi-time scheme
- Alternative working practices such as working from home
- 25 days annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
- Ability to roll over up to 10 days annual leave per year
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday
- Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period to for volunteer military or emergency service reserve commitments
- Special Paid Leave for volunteering up to 6 days a year
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Employee Assistance Programme to support your wellbeing
- Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Sports & Social Club, Gym and / or site shops
Learning & Development
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Access to thousands of training courses through Civil Service Learning, some free or paid by DIO
Ability to obtain industry recognised qualifications supported by DIO
For further information regarding this vacancy please contact:
Contact Name: Mark Keen
Telephone: 07929 763254
For full role details, please click the apply button to redirect to Civil Service Jobs which is the Only Official Way to apply for the role.
Closing date: Apply before 11:55 pm on Thursday 20th May 2021