Engineering and Supply PMO and Resource Lead
Engineering and Supply PMO and Resource Lead
£46,410 - 54,600 (dependent on experience)
About Our Client
Our client’s purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. Since the 19th century, their crews have been risking their lives to save those who are in danger of drowning.
They are looking for a PMO and Resource Lead to join their Business and Performance Team within their Engineering and Supply department. This role supports the organisation through ensuring the methodology of PMO and resource management is co-ordinated, measured and supported in line with their strategic plans.
Some of the benefits
- Salary £46,410 - £54,600 (dependent on experience)
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary)
- Life assurance
- Health and dental cashplan
As an Engineering PMO and Resource Lead, you will be tasked with focus on the following areas:
- To oversee the prioritisation of projects to meet strategic and operational needs
- To effectively co-ordinate and support the delivery of project portfolio with best practice methodologies, to govern the budget, resource capacity, benefits tracking, risk and issues escalation, change control, decision making and operational delivery impact appetite
- To co-ordinate and lead on cross functional shared resource management across activities using selected application(s) e.g. Liquid Planner effectively
- To provide ownership and management of the integrated project visual management reporting solution(s) ensuring accuracy and driving project adherence to meet KPIs and maintain ‘One Plan’ weekly status verifying on time delivery
- To collaborate, liaise and ensure alignment with Business Planning and Strategic PMO or other strategic roll out programmes including all key stakeholders
- To engage, mentor and coach the Project Managers (both formal and informal) embedded across the team
You will be able to work well on your own initiative, in a well organised way. You will enjoy problem solving and have good communication and persuasion skills whilst being an effective operator within a matrix management structure.
To be considered as the PMO and Resource Lead you will need:
- Essential - To be educated to degree standard or equivalent with experience in area of expertise
- Essential - To hold a recognised Programme/Project Management qualification
- Essential - Proven successful delivery of projects and strong knowledge of portfolio management and Project Governance within an engineering environment
- Essential - Experience in change management process
- Desirable - Lean and continuous Improvement methodology, tools and techniques
Other organisations may call this role Project Manager, Engineer Project Manager, Engineering Lead
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a PMO and Resource Lead, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Due to current circumstances you may be working from home when your role commences. You will be given the correct equipment you need to perform in your role. You will also receive support from your manager and colleagues to ensure a smooth and consistent induction process is delivered. You may also be required to work from your dedicated asset once the government guidelines change. If you have any queries relating to home or office-based working, please do not hesitate to ask questions at the interview/assessment stage.
Our client is committed to safeguarding, ensuring the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. They expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees and volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment. This will include relevant criminal record checks being carried out dependent on the eligibility of the role. (England & Wales; DBS check, Scotland; Disclosure Scotland PVG, Northern Ireland; Access NI, Republic of Ireland; Garda Vetting).
Our client’s staff and volunteers have been saving lives at sea without prejudice for nearly 200 years. They respect and value diversity of background, skills and perspectives within their teams, and consider it essential to help them deliver a world-class lifesaving service. They are an inclusive organisation and welcome applications from everyone. In addition to having the skills needed for the role, they also look for applicants who share their commitment to living their values (trustworthy, courageous, selfless, and dependable), and helping them work towards Their Vision: To save everyone.
The closing date for this role is the 23rd May 2021.