4 days left
- Full Time
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – DevOps Engineer
Job Location – Tewkesbury or Fleet, UK
Job ID – SAS20213004-60584
About the role:
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to join us in a key position as the conduit between our IT and Engineering teams. You will be responsible for defining, implementing, supporting and enhancing the software and firmware environment across Engineering. You will ensure a DevOps, continuous integration methodology and best practice is maintained and understood across the business. You will also be the responsible point of contact across our Intelligence & Cyber Division for DevOps consultation. You will liaise with an Engineering team of 150-200 and work alongside another member of staff and an Apprentice. You will report to the Intelligence & Cyber Divisional IT Manager on a day-to-day basis with links through to wider L3Harris Devops teams.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Responsible for defining, implementing, supporting and enhancing the software and firmware environment across engineering
- Ensuring DevOps and Continuous Integration methodology and best practice is understood across the business and maintained
- Lead the DevOps team to meet and exceed the customers expectations.
- Provide a standardisation process methodology to provide effective and efficient DevOps capability
- Keep up to date with best/industry practices and technologies
- Provision of appropriate metrics to ensure continued improvement of services and contribute to creating technology best practice and guidelines.
- Ensure on time, on cost and in full delivery of all identified projects
- Ensure the mentoring and personal development of other members of the DevOps team
- Ensure DevOps strategy, policies and processes are in alignment with corporate policy.
Experience & Skills:
- Sound technical knowledge of DevOps Processes and Toolsets alongside previous experience in a similar role
- Proficient understanding of core engineering toolsets and disciplines
- Strong Linux experience (ideally with a certified qualification)
- Working knowledge of scripting language and web based engineering service tools
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Analytical – able to develop and maintain metric pursuant to the role and business
- Good ability to anticipate issues and formulate remedial actions
- Flexible attitude towards working under changing and different work settings
- Knowledge of virtual machine technology is an advantage
- Self-motivated with the ability work alone and as part of a team
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.