Systems Engineer (Projects)
Systems Engineer (Projects)
Redhill, Surrey (occasional site travel based on the current project location)
Are you an enthusiastic individual with great communication skills? Want to build a career to be proud of with a company that nurtures their staff, rewards a job well done and offers fantastic in-house and off-the-job training?
If so, this is an exciting role to join the SES Water Wholesale Services team as a Systems Engineer (Projects).
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It’s an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
We don’t just want to be proud of what we do, we also want to celebrate how we do it. We are an inclusive environment that values community, and your contribution to delivering our Business Plan over the next 5 years and our 5 pledges to our customers is vital. We aren’t just recruiting for experience - potential, fit and values are fundamental to building and developing our Team. We want you to develop, grow and exceed and enjoy working at SES.
Why you should join our team:
We have a strong set of values that guide everything we do. We’re passionate about recognising our employees’ efforts, as well as empowering and celebrating them as individuals.
- Salary £43,000-£47,000 dependent on experience
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva's Group Personal Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking or in local area
- Company car lease allowance
Reporting into the Systems Manager (Production) and collaborating with the engineering team, as a Systems Engineer, you will provide expert SCADA and ICA 2nd line support to the SES Production Department as well as ensuring MNI projects are delivered within operational requirements. Additionally, you will deliver Instrumentation and Control Automation (ICA) projects as part of multi-disciplinary collaborative Production/Engineering schemes.
In this role, your duties will include:
- Supervising non-infrastructure schemes associated with all SCADA and ICA aspects of water abstraction, treatment, supply and distribution projects
- Supervising System Integrations, installations, CFAT, SAT and commissioning of various projects
- Reviewing and developing the ICA, telemetry and communications standards
- Preparing Specifications and Contract Documents, liaising with Consultants, Customers and Contractors, appraisal of, and reporting on Tenders
- Carrying out feasibility studies covering both technical and financial matters in order to produce proposals for schemes concerning specifically, ICA, SCADA, Telemetry and communications
- Supporting the business during incidents and emergencies that may impact on the service to our customers
- Providing training and support to operational staff in matters related to SCADA and ICA systems
- Monitoring compliance with relevant quality, health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation, policies and procedures
Other organisations may call this role Electrical Systems Engineer, Electrical Projects Engineer, SCADA Engineer, Embedded Systems Engineer, Automation & Control Engineer, or Control Systems Engineer.
Here at SES Water, we recruit people based on their potential, values and fit, rather than just experience and qualifications. We’re looking for friendly and positive individuals who are excited by providing a vital service to their communities.
To join us, you will also need:
- At least three years, engineering experience of, Automation and control systems. SCADA GE-iFix
- At least three years, engineering experience of Allen-Bradley SLC/Controllogix environment
- A degree in Electronic Engineering, Control Engineering or a similar discipline
- Good working knowledge of Water Treatment process
- Knowledge of ICA design principles
- Experience of managing third party service providers
- A working knowledge of CMMS systems
- The ability to develop relationships at all levels and across all business functions
- Independent judgement and effective decision-making skills
- Experience of IT networks and systems. Including Microsoft Active directory environment, Word, Excel and Outlook
- A full driving licence
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit, who SES Water works in partnership with. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency. We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities, (visible and hidden) and women.
If you think you could thrive as a Systems Engineer, select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount, so we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe.