If you have a proven background in the building materials industry and possess excellent people management skills, this is a fantastic opportunity to join our customer-focused building supplier.
We are Allmat Building Supplies, a well-established limited company with an outstanding reputation for quality and reliability and have been trading now for over 25 years.
Located in Kenley, Surrey off the A22 – South of Croydon, and North of Junction 6 of the M25, we are ideally situated to service the building and construction industry in the South East of England and Home Counties.
Why you should join our team:
With overall responsibility for a stand-alone building merchants, you will play a key role in motivating, developing and ensuring the performance of the entire Allmat team, and helping us continue to deliver the highest standards of service.
Within a fast-paced and engaging environment, you’ll discover the chance to increase your leadership skills and help drive the company’s ongoing success.
So, if you are a building materials professional, this is the ideal opportunity to join us, make your mark and take us to the next level whilst progressing your career with a company that invests in their employees.
As a General Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Company in accordance with business procedures, including health and safety, stock, warehouse and logistics. You will directly oversee three managers, indirectly managing 12-14 employees, promote the business, meet set targets and maximise sales with existing and new customers.
You will develop a customer-focused environment whilst establishing strong relationships with key customers. You will monitor and control customer pricing and margins based on supply and demand, reviewing sales of existing products and investigating potential new ranges.
Reporting to the CEO, you will review and report on monthly management accounts and produce business plans and annual budgets. You will also have overall responsibility for transport management.
Other organisations may call this role GM, Building Supplies Manager, Builders Merchant Manager, Wholesale Manager, Store Department Manager, Retail Department Manager, Building Store Manager, or DIY Retail Manager.
At Allmat, we recruit based on potential, values and fit, rather than just experience and qualifications. We’re seeking a General Manager with:
- Excellent organisational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Good communication skills and the ability to build relationships with customers and staff
- The ability to follow procedures and systematic processes accurately and effectively
- Solid credit and stock management skills
- Competent IT skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- An understanding of the market
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation
- Knowledge of transport legislation
- Good knowledge of warehouse, logistics, administrative, HR and health & safety procedures
- Previous experience working in a builder’s merchant
- Previous management experience
- Salary of £60,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- 26 days’ holiday per annum
- Car allowance
- Attractive bonus scheme
- Simply health scheme
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Neyber financial support scheme
- Optional health assurance scheme
- Give as you earn
- Working hours: 42.5 hours per week
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit, who Allmat work in partnership with. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency. We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities, (visible and hidden) and women.
If you are seeking your next challenge as a General Manager, select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount, so we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe.