Electro-Mechanical, Graduate - Multi Discipline, Mechanical
Engineering Consultancy, Handling & Storage
Job Title: Assistant Installation Technician
Location: Telford TF3 3BS
Salary: Competitive, dependant on qualifications and age
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Working Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, on Monday to Friday.
Seymour Manufacturing International has been saving energy and money for some of the world’s biggest and best-known businesses since the 1980s.
Our remarkable lightweight thermal insulation material makes us a leading thermal insulation supplier for the protection of food, chemicals, agricultural and home delivery products. From supermarket cold rooms to food haulage fleets, blood banks and chemical installations, SMI specialises in finding simple solutions to temperature maintenance problems, helping clients to save money, and energy in the process.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to join our team as an Assistant Sales Engineering Technician at our headquarters in Telford. This role will work closely with the Senior Sales Engineer Technician and wider sales and manufacturing departments, in safely and accurately completing installations and carrying out material and prototype trials.
* Complete installations, ensuring they are completed accurately and safely, in the most effective manner.
* Assist with research and development projects.
* Support material and prototype trials
* Prepare deliveries and pack goods.
* Book deliveries in/out
* Maintain Company Health and Safety requirements
* Complete risk assessment method statements (RAMS)
* Carry out general tasks such as eye letting, welding and cutting.
* Maintain an organised and clean warehouse.
* Provide support with stock takes.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
* Good analytical skills
* Basic IT competency
* Sound knowledge and awareness of Health and Safety requirements, including risk assessment method statement (RAMS)
* Ability and willingness to work under different environmental conditions (chilled/freezer temperatures)
* First Aid training
* CSCS card
* Basic electrical knowledge or qualification is helpful
* IPAF card/licence/certificate
* Working at heights training
* Forklift licence
* Clean Driving License (Cat B), with the ability to drive a long wheelbase van.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Warehouse Operative, Factory Operative, Inventory Administrator, Stock Control Assistant, Warehouse Management, Inventory Controller, Inventory Coordinator, Logistics Co-ordinator, Logistics Operative, Distribution Team Leader may also be considered for this role.