About the job
Job Title: Audio Visual (AV) Engineering Assistant / Trainee
Location: Winchester, Hampshire
Salary: £18,000 – £24,000 per annum + Bonus
Job Type: Full Time, 37.5Hrs per week, FTC to Perm (Initially 1 year made permanent at the end of the year)
Hours: Normal hours of work between 8am – 4.30pm, however some out of hour’s work is required for some sites and when working away. Paid additional hours.
Whitwam AVI, an integrator of high-quality Audio Visual systems is recruiting for an Audio-Visual Engineering Assistant and Trainee. Based in Winchester in the South of England we cover the UK for both installation and service visits for commercial clients.
About the Role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, bright person with a demonstratable background and genuine interest in audio visual equipment, IT use and working systems. We are looking for a person who understands the basics of safe working, the use of tools both powered and manual and has the ambition to be a trained and qualified AV engineer.
We want to find a person who has the patience to learn from all experience and who asks questions, share ideas and learns.
This assistant role will have the opportunity to help in the office/workshop and on projects across the UK, mostly in the London area. We deliver audio visual systems to many buildings of historic and cultural importance and we believe the experience to be of high value.
The assistant role will work across both the installation of new systems and buildings and the delivery of maintenance and callouts for properties that are contracted for support services.
- Assisting the installation engineering team
- Assisting the maintenance engineer.
- Assisting the Installation of AV systems to the highest standards including – 1st fix works – installing containment, cable pull and structural fixings etc. – 2nd fix install of equipment, patching and configuration – Handover checks & assist with commissioning
- Work collaboratively with other members of the install team to achieve deadlines together and of consistent quality
- Preparing equipment and other parts for the next installation
- Work in venues around the UK, potentially spending multiple days away as the work dictates
- Follow and maintain housekeeping standards onsite and at the warehouse
- Carrying out maintenance visits (planned and reactive) to fault-find and undertake repairs
- Assist in improving efficiency and project delivery by ensuring processes and good working practices are maintained
- Attend team briefings and be proactive in providing ideas and suggestions
- Report progress and issues to the Lead Engineer and Project Manager to ensure the team meets the projects goals
- Providing feedback and support to the Project Manager following completion of an installation, including help with commissioning or snagging
- Attend third-party training as appropriate for the role, (such as, PASMA, IPAF, ECS, asbestos awareness, working at height, etc
- A Technical Audio-Visual background in some form
- AN interest in electronics, IT and AV systems
- Experience working with a project management software – preferred
- Happy to work alone, but flexible to work with the wider team
- Enthusiastic and positive, can-do attitude
- Experience of working in historic or listed buildings- useful
What’s on offer:
- Personal development and career development is encouraged
- The business is continually growing and there are plenty of opportunities
- You’ll be working with industry experts who take pride in their work
- Competitive salary, depending on your level of experience
- Use of company van and fuel card for work- driving licence required
- Laptop and smartphone, great working environment
Please click APPLY to submit your CV
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Audio Visual Trainee, Trainee AV Service Engineer, Trainee Audio Visual Engineer, Audio Visual Installation, Assistant AV Installer, Installation Technician, AV Installation Technician, AV Tech, Audio Technician may also be considered for this role.