Jaguar Land Rover
£33,100 - £43,000
Mechanical, Reliability, Testing
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
NVH stands for Noise and Vibration Harshness as a discipline and as an attribute which is also known as Refinement. The NVH Brake Dyno Facilities team are part of the well-established NVH Laboratory Operations group. The support of this group is critical to the advanced creation, delivery, launch, quality and value management of the Jaguar and Land Rover core refinement attribute. This group is revered on its rapid and high-quality data output and is recognised for its flexibility and agility.
NVH Brake Dyno team has the responsibility to delivery Design Verification (DV) tests for the Brake Refinement group. The NVH Brake Dyno Operations have a pioneering approach developing new test procedures striving for greater road to rig testing and transforming to encompass testing of other attributes such as performance and emissions.
You will be essential to the profession and craft that delivers class leading levels of refinement of our products synonymous with their premium luxury.
The main activity is to prepare a test facility or test parts with instrumentation which measure predominantly NVH but may include other attributes/metrics also.
We offer the opportunity to help create a safer, cleaner and smarter more connected future.
We also offer the opportunity to contribute to our corporate goals and success story as one great company with two iconic brands.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
• Supporting Brake Attributes teams to ensure all verification testing is complete
• Liaising with key customers from the NVH attribute teams to ensure test requests are appropriate and achievable.
• To complete full preparation of test facility and/or test parts to enable effective and timely data delivery.
• To collate, manipulate and interpret data which will be used to inform engineering decisions.
• To provide technical expertise in the measurement of data.
• To conduct analysis and fault rectification to ensure minimum down time.
• To help develop new/improved test methods and capabilities.
• To highlight any shortcomings / future instrumentation requirements.
• To manage workload using OBS system, ensuring robust KPIs.
• To help plan for and thus to ensure sufficient Dyno capacity for testing demands.
• To assist with Dyno calibration/service scheduling.
• To participate and action on 5S, SBI, AIR and CCAR activities.
• To participate in reviews of Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Works and Single Point Lessons.
• To ensure safe working practices are adhered to, taking responsibility for the health and safety of all persons working in the test environment.
• To Mentor and train degree apprentice and junior engineer associates.
• Undertake any other work as directed by the line manager in connection with their job as may be requested.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• Relevant degree or equivalent specific operational experience.
• Significant rig-based test and evaluation techniques.
• Sufficient mechanical understanding of vehicle braking systems and their integration to Chassis and Body Systems.
• Good understanding of laboratory equipment capability and flexibility.
• PC literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word & Excel.
• Self-motivated and able to work to a high standard with minimum or no supervision.
• Natural problem-solver with structured approach to problem solving in a technical environment.
• Great interpersonal skills and the ability to present complex information to all levels within the business.
• Communicating up to management level.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements, Risk Assessment, COSHH and SDS.
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.