About the job
Job Title: Building Surveyor
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
Salary: Competitive salary dependent upon experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Shepherd Architecture & Surveying has been in existence for seven years and has become well-established with an excellent reputation in its core area within Cumbria. As the world comes slowly out of the COVID pandemic, the company is looking to grow and so is seeking an experienced and dynamic Building Surveyor.
The role will be reporting to and working alongside the company owner and will involve both working in the office, approving design work and time spent managing projects on site. This will also be a strong client-facing role and so it is important that you have the ability to interact well with people but also the strength of character to resolve disputes when necessary.
About the role
- Ensure that projects are completed on budget and to schedule
- Advise clients on schemes and projects and determining requirements
- Prepare scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion and specification of works
- Organise documents for tender and advise on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes
- Determine the condition of existing buildings, identifying and analysing defects, including proposals for repair
- Deal with planning applications and advising on property legislation and building regulations
- Instruct on construction design and management regulations
- Carry out feasibility studies
- Work with the company architectural designers to ensure designs are viable and client specification
- Have a minimum of three years’ experience since qualifying
- Be able to demonstrate:
- technical knowledge and competence
- a logical and practical mind
- good oral and written communication skills
- the ability to build lasting relationships with clients and colleagues
- negotiation, presentation and report writing skills
- the ability to analyse problems in order to identify solutions
- commercial awareness and the ability to ensure that you are adding maximum value to clients’ businesses
- the ability to take on high levels of responsibility with enthusiasm and motivation
- good IT skills, including computer-aided design (CAD)
- a driving licence – usually essential, especially if you’re going to be involved in a design role
If you are interested in this opportunity to become part of a well-established, progressive organisation, please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter highlighting why you think you are suitable for the position.
Candidates with experience of: Architectural Surveyor, Property Inspector, Building Engineer, Property Surveyor, Property Inspection Clerk, Building Inspection Clerk, Project Manager, Construction Project Manager will also be considered for this role.