Jaguar Land Rover
Environmental, Mechanical, Reliability, Testing
What You’ll Do
The Chassis Dyno Operations team is part of Powertrain Test Operations and Engineering Operations. The team maintains productive workflow from the test facility and delivers test capability to the Powertrain Engineering and Certification teams. The delivery of testing using complex measurement instruments is required to drive the design and optimization of control technology in order to meet required vehicle targets. The team supports delivery from facilities at Whitley, Gaydon, Solihull and overseas.
Our function is to support the customer teams from Powertrain and PD in their objective of achieving ‘timely, quality’ product release.
The Technician will operate across the facility conducting activities to ensure that we provide the capability to make measurements and deliver tests to fulfil customer requests. They will be responsible for providing and maintaining common processes and for ensuring that productive capability is maintained. They will seek to improve operations by appropriate involvement in challenging redundant practices and using a flexible approach. The main activities need strong technical capability and require critical and analytical reasoning, robust planning, co-ordination and control of own workload. As a technician you will be supporting a wide range of engineering customers, skilled test facility operators, suppliers, external agencies and organisations in order to provide continuity of testing and assurance that our facility and output meet the requirements of established international standards for laboratory accreditation.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
● Supporting testing capabilities and conformance across Chassis Dynamometer Emissions, Real Driving Emissions, Evaporative Emissions Determination, Mileage Accumulation Facility and Vehicle Workshops.
● Ensuring that all legislative calibrations and checks are complete to ensure compliance.
● Auditing processes to ensure accuracy and compliance
● Writing and publishing of new processes as well as providing training and support
● Project ownership, planning and delivery of quality test output and presenting data to stakeholders.
● Identification of test requirements and chasing of key elements to enable team to make progress where required.
● The raising of eTrackers, tracking and managing them through to closure
● Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
What You’ll Need
● Apprenticeship or NVQ3 and 4 years relevant technical experience in core competence.
● Strong knowledge and experience working in an emissions determination testing environment
● Proven experience in the instrument calibration processes
● Proven experience of working with and following defined procedures and processes
● Proven skills in fault finding and resolution, problem analysis and root-cause identification are crucial, as is a methodical, logical approach to work.
● Knowledge of company Health and Safety requirements, Risk Assessment, COSHH and MSDS.
● Computer literate, including Microsoft Office competency to and proven skills in producing plans, presentations, graphs, processes and SPL documents.
● Commitment, flexibility, self-motivation, robust clear communication.
● Proven ability to plan, co-ordinate and control own workflow and achieve quality results.
● Background in quality standards and their importance.
● Ideally educated to level 4 qualification in Engineering, Science or Mathematical discipline.
● Experience of calibration of emission measurement equipment and systems.
● Knowledge and experience of working with and understanding emissions related legislation
● Writing and publishing of processes
● Experience in using test instrumentation; specialized reference equipment and external measurement devices, working at dedicated calibration stations, cells and rig.
● Proven experience in specialized emission testing, i.e. SHED, PEMS
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.