Jaguar Land Rover
Software, Systems Design
WHAT TO EXPECT:
The instrumentation Calibration team support the Jaguar Land Rover engineering community by providing a calibration service for transducers, sensors, tools and data acquisition systems. The role encompasses the calibration of these items together with the creation of calibration certificates and the update of our databases. This enables our internal engineering customers to traceably build and measure vehicles, systems and components.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
● Calibrate and certify equipment submitted to the Calibration Laboratory. This would include calibration of parameters such as temperature, pressure, flow, displacement, voltage, current, force and torque.
● Using specialist IT tools, such as the Calibration and Instrument Database and MetCal to interact with and maintain the records of instruments within our inventory.
● Conduct calibrations remote from laboratory in for example Power-Train test areas.
● Participate in the update of existing, work instructions.
● Provide support and assistance to colleagues
● Use SharePoint to load and archive calibration certificates.
● Conduct work in a safe manner and adhere to local risk assessments when using laboratory equipment.
● Undertake any other work as directed by their supervisor in connection with their job.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
● An understanding of general instrumentation and sensors.
● Office365 and SharePoint experience
● City & Guilds Craft Apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3
● Possess excellent organisational and administrative skills
● Able to demonstrate proficient level of attention to detail
● Previous experience in a calibration laboratory environment
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family and membership of a competitive pension plan. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible. Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.