About the job
Job Title: Mechanical & Electrical Clerk of Works
Location: Leeds + Surrounding Area
Salary: £35,100 to up £37,000 pro rata depending on experience
Job type: Full Time (37.5 hours)
Are you an experienced Mechanical & Electrical Clerk of Works who is looking for an opportunity to work on some really great and varied projects ranging in value from £250K to £35M.
Or are you currently working as a Site manager or engineer with an electrical or mechanical trade background, and are ready for the next step in your career? – Are you looking for a new exciting challenge? – Have you got an eye for detail?
If you can answer YES to the above, then they have a fantastic opportunity within their growing business.
They are an independent, professional and comprehensive consultancy providing high quality, traditional Clerks of Works and site inspections services to private and public sector clients, housing associations and the NHS.
They provide reassurance that works being carried out are in line with the contract documents and best practice.
Their reputation is very important to them and if you believe you have the skills, passion for delivering a first class service then they would love to hear from you.
- Ensuring that a consistently high standard of quality control and supervision is maintained on each development via site visits.
- Assessing contract implementation with due regard to site health and safety legislation and where necessary instruct contractors to cease operations until further notice from the Estates and Development Director
- Ensuring that the standards of work and the materials supplied by contractors are as specified in accordance with the contract information and up to date standards
- Participate in the completion of inspection reports for the feedback of information from building projects to the Client, project manager and design team
- Monitoring the performance of the contractors on site and to ensure that M&E installation works are installed in accordance with the drawings, specifications and up to date standards
- Attend and report to pre-contract and site progress meetings
- Identifying technical problems on site, to recommend corrective action
- Assist in the witnessing of both Mechanical & Electrical testing and commissioning process
- Preparing written reports with supporting photographs at weekly intervals as well as updated commissioning schedules, experience of organising, snagging and end of defect inspections
- Updating their clients on progress through the completion of their weekly reports
- Proactively monitoring the scheme progress against the contract programme
- Reviewing drawings to ensure that the schemes are being built as planned and query any discrepancies
You will be required to travel to and from several different schemes and locations for this role.
The areas of work will include the Yorkshire, Manchester, Cheshire, Lancashire, with the occasional schemes further afield.
- Ability in undertaking inspections of Mechanical & Electrical works in progress
- Able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of various forms of M&E installation
- Excellent IT skills (Word, outlook, PDF) use tablets on site for writing reports and viewing documents/drawings
- Willing to travel predominately across Yorkshire and North West
- Own car (essential)
- Member of ICWCI (desirable)
- Have an up to date CSCS card (desirable)
- Competitive salary
- Mileage allowance
- Company mobile phone
- Laptop and tablet
- Company pension
Please Note: depending on experience there may be a mentoring/shadowing programme that will be put in place which may be on a part time basis for the first 3 months.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; M&E Clerk of Works, Clerk of the Works, Construction Clerk, Senior Site Manager, Clerk of Works M&E, Works Inspector, Site Manager, Construction Site Manager, Inspector, Construction Coordinator, Project Manager, Electrical Inspector, Multidisciplinary Contractor, Mechanical Engineer, Construction Controller, Mechanical Inspector, Clerk of Works, Building Controller, Site Management, ICWCI, Project Supervisor, Electrical Engineer, Construction Site Manager, Site Controller, Building Inspector, CSCS, Construction Manager, Architect, Building Surveyor, Construction Inspector, Mechanical and Electrical Surveyor, Construction Quality Assurance Engineer may also be considered for this role.