Jaguar Land Rover
£42,000 - £52,000
What to expect
This role is at an Attribute level Owner for the Climate team. Working from a customer level requirement down to sub-system and component - including the interaction (fixing points) etc..
Once the targets have been set for each propulsion method (background noise level in consideration) and the different use cases considered, create a test process for assessment that meets Gauge R&R.
Work with the component and Program LE's to deliver BIC NHV performance at the lowest cost and support issue resolution.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Manage the delivery of NVH solutions within Climate Attribute group across the range of Jaguar Land Rover architectures and vehicles.
• Generate system targets and verification methods that are driven by Customer, Function Requirements and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.
• Contribute to the delivery of the NVH solutions onto all programmes, this should be done in line with the Systems Engineering discipline outlined by Product Creation Systems.
• Provide technical support and assistance across the operational team on topics relating to the integration and harmonisation of multiple interconnected components including issue resolution and objective data analysis
• Work with Research Engineering to identify new technologies and ensure proposals are concept ready for the next program to adopt.
• Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Good relevant experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment - ideally within the Automotive Sector
• Requirements Management (RM)
• Good verbal and written communications
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Relevant experience of system definition, system architecture development, requirements specification, design/performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment and acceptance
• Full driving licence
• Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Experience and knowledge in Refrigeration and cooling thermodynamic/thermofluid principles
• Experience in applying Systems Engineering and in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
• Experience in Model-based Systems Engineering, SysML using IBM Rational Rhapsody
• Experience in requirements capature using IBM Rational DOORS
• Experience in using control system design tools such as Matlab Simulink
• Willingness to be involved with overseas testing. Note: Typical testing locations in which thermal test Engineers may have to operate, depending on vehicle program and activities: UK, Europe, Sweden, USA, UAE
• Class 3 and 4PG driver training level (JLR internal process), or equivalent. Area will support internal process
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.