Industrial, Machine Tools
Job Title: CNC Milling Setter / Operators – Day or Night Shift
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
This well-established manufacturer in Surrey, UK are renowned experts in machining, bonding and finishing engineering grade plastics, especially Acrylic. They supply global, blue-chip customers in industries including life sciences, medical devices and industrial applications with solutions including fluidic manifolds and optical components. They are currently going through a strong growth period and need a number of additional, experienced CNC Setters / Operators to help support this.
We are looking for skilled CNC Millers who will be able to set up CNC machines for complex, high precision parts and achieve first off approval from quality. We are also looking or less experienced CNC operators to take over running the machines and checking parts after the setters have set the machines. These operators have the opportunity to grow in the company through training and experience.
Candidates for the Setter roles need to be able to work on their own but also play a team leader role in supporting operators to run machines and check parts and ensure that components are manufactured to the drawings and within tolerance. The setters must also be able to multitask across a number of machines and be proactive to ensure components meet quality requirements, working closely with QA.
The setter positions are suitable for someone with a significant record of accomplishment in CNC milling or turning complex parts, ideally with some experience of plastics. They will be used to supporting others and taking responsibility for the quality of work.
Key Responsibilities for Setters:
* Setting multiple CNC machines (eg Dugard and Brother VMCs)
* Liaise with Shop Floor Manager on timescales and priorities
* Manufacturing jigs and fixtures for work holding
* Handling over to operators to run the machines.
* Carry out work running individual complex jobs if required
* Ensure consistent quality of parts produced
* Mentoring and training less skilled staff
* Be proactive in ensuring work has all necessary tooling to avoid downtime
* Reviewing and improving the way jobs are tooled and run
* Ensure all work and raw materials in your area are correctly identified with the relevant paperwork
* Work with QA personnel on addressing any issues and supporting continuous improvement actions.
Skills and Experience:
Essential for Setters
* Minimum 5 years CNC machining experience
* Apprenticeship or technical qualification such as an HNC/HND or City & Guilds
* Good knowledge of Fanuc and/or Siemens controls
* Setting up fixtures, tooling and programmes
* Able to read and understand engineering drawings
* Very good eye for detail
Essential for Operators
* CNC Turning or Milling experience
* Willingness to learn and progress
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; CNC Programmer, CNC, Operator, CNC Operator, CNC Machinist, Machine Operator, Machinist, Turner, CNC Turner, CNC Operative, CNC Engineer, CNC Miller, Miller, Machine Operative, CNC Setter, Setter, CNC Programming, Machine CNC Turner, CNC Engineering may also be considered for this role.