Jaguar Land Rover
As a Cyber Security Lead Research Engineer you will be working within the Research and Innovation team in order to develop and integrate new technologies and features for future Jaguar Land Rover vehicles. Typical Electrical and Software research areas include: Autonomy, Cyber Security, Connectivity, Machine Learning and Digitalisation.
This role will be part of an agile squad focused on research and innovation in vehicle cyber security, supporting research and proof-of-concept development for future technologies.
You’ll have a strong technical mindset, and be ready to apply your experience in cyber security and system design whilst creating exciting new solutions for future vehicles. Prior automotive experience is desirable, but not essential, in order to grow and be successful in this role. You’ll be enthusiastic to work collaboratively with the wider research team, with our stakeholders across the business and with leading universities and external partners.
· As Product Owner or member of an agile squad, deliver relevant research cyber technologies to maturity
· Lead and support the development of early demonstrations and proofs-of-concept
· Support the development of sprint/quarterly goals and agile delivery
· Contribute to the resolution of key technical and strategic challenges
· Lead and support development of project roadmaps with cyber and related technology insights
· Support other team members to grow their skills in cyber security
· Provide support on projects when handing over to mainstream engineering
· Work in compliance with processes and engineering specifications
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Experience and in-depth knowledge of relevant technologies, development practices, and a strong technical mindset
· Cyber security technical knowledge, for example in cryptography or security architecture
· Ability of resolution of key technical issues within a team environment
· Ability to write reports and communicate to technical and non-technical audience
· Ability to support other team members to grow and nurture their skills in the area of specialisation
· Knowledge of an engineering discipline such as Computer Science, Maths or Electrical Engineering
· Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
· A formal qualification in cyber security, e.g. MSc or professional qualification
· Product Owner or other experience working in Agile
· Technical knowledge of security solutions for embedded systems
· Experience in a research and development role in engineering or automotive environment
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.