Job Title: Electrical Controls Engineer
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits.
Job type: Full Time – Permanent.
Oilgear UK is part of the international Oilgear group producing High Pressure Hydraulic equipment and systems in the UK with facilities located strategically around the globe. Oilgear have been producing electronic control systems for over 40 years within a business that was created in 1921, we are celebrating 100 years in business.
Due to our continued growth Oilgear Leeds is currently recruiting for additional electrical control engineers to join our expanding team, supporting the company as the business moves into new market areas, whilst also supporting the existing customer base.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about engineering. The controls engineer role is diverse and you will become involved in all aspects of projects from Sales to Commissioning and aftermarket support. If you have proven experience in a similar role, drive, enthusiasm and with an ambition to be a part of a forward-thinking company this is the job for you.
The controls engineers work as part of a team on larger projects but often take sole responsibility on smaller projects. You will have the opportunity to travel and work on customer sites in the UK, Ireland and Worldwide on occasions.
Additional benefits include pension, death in service, enhanced sick pay scheme. 8.30am – 4.30pm and early finish Friday at 4.00pm with a Flex Friday afternoon. There is free car parking. The site is conveniently situated approximately 1 mile from the centre of Leeds with easy transport links to both the city centre and the motorway.
The salary available for this role will depend entirely on the individuals experience and skills.
Main duties will include
* Design and Specification for Electrical Controls for high pressure hydraulic equipment.
* PLC system design and Programming for Control Systems.
* Work together with customers on specifications & design.
* Preparing, assist & present to potential customers.
* Liaise, resource and research with suppliers on technology requirements.
* Liaise with our sales team on technical support & pre-sales design and information.
Technical / Job Specific
* HND / Degree or equivalent apprentice training.
* Proven experience in a similar role.
* Proven Experience in PLC Programming - Ladder, High Level Programming such as SCL.
* Experience in WinCC and HMI Designs.
* Functional Safety and Safety Programming experience desirable.
* CAD Experience (AutoCad, Eplan, Solidworks) would be an advantage.
* Knowledge of Electrical controls legislation (Regs, LV Directive,) is essential.
* Rockwell PLC platforms not essential but would be an advantage.
* Microsoft 365 (Office Tools).
* Attention to detail and good communication skills are essential to this role.
* Excellent organisational & problem-solving skills.
* The company operates within a dynamic and fast paced environment; to thrive in this role you will need to be friendly, approachable, flexible, highly organised and have excellent communication skills.
* You will be someone that is committed to learning new skills.
* A ‘can do’ attitude with strong personal accountability and a team working ethic for timely completion of tasks.
When applying you should provide a covering letter detailing your salary expectations and availability to commence work.
All candidates must be currently eligible to both live and work in the United Kingdom.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Electrical Engineer, Graduate Electrical Engineer, Trainee Electrical Engineer, PLC Engineer, PLC Programmer PLC Controls. Controls Engineer may also be considered for this role will also be considered for this role.