£52,293 (inclusive of MPP) + excellent benefits including outstanding pension
By 2050, the planet could be using twice as much electricity compared to today. Are you interested in contributing and helping to shape the future of the world’s energy? If so, read on.
Fusion, the process that powers the Sun and Stars, is one of the most promising options for generating the cleaner, carbon-free energy that our world badly needs.
UKAEA leads the way in realising fusion energy, partnering with industry and research for groundbreaking advancements. Our goal is to bring fusion electricity to the grid, supported by tomorrow's power stations. In pursuit of our mission, UKAEA embraces core values: Innovative, Committed, Trusted, and Collaborative.
As an employee of UKAEA you will benefit from:
- Outstanding defined benefit pension scheme, details of which can be found at the end of this advert.
- Corporate bonus scheme up to 7% and a Relocation allowance (if eligible).
- Flexible working options, including family friendly policies.
- Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders.
- Generous annual leave allowance starting with 25 days, plus 3 days Christmas closure and 2.5 privilege days, in addition to UK bank holidays.
- Wide range of career development opportunities.
- A vibrant culture committed to equality and being fully inclusive.
This role requires employees to complete an online Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS), including The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks for criminal convictions.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference? Join our team and contribute to the future of fusion energy. As J1 Electrical Workshop Manager, you will manage a team of electrical technicians to ensure the delivery of equipment through the Electrical Workshop and other assembly and manufacturing areas in J1, to support projects across RACE. You will provide technical leadership to the team of technicians in J1 and act as an Area Supervisor for the RACE J1 Electrical Workshop and other electrical assembly/manufacturing areas in J1.
- Supporting the RACE Remote Handling Electrical Plant Manager in planning activities and providing resources for upgrades, maintenance and fault-finding on electrical equipment.
- Ensuring suitable and sufficient risk assessments and procedures are in place for safe working within the RACE J1 Electrical Workshop and all manufacturing areas in J1.
- Managing contract staff, including specifying tasks and tracking performance.
- Approving/signing off quality of work performed by technician staff and contractors.
Please note, you may be required to work in radiological areas.
- HNC/HND, recognised electrical engineering apprenticeship, or equivalent experience
- Qualified to the current BS7671 Wiring Regulations and IPC/WHMA-A-620 trained
- Extensive experience in manufacturing and testing of electrical equipment and systems
- Demonstrable experience in the supervision of a workshop and management of technicians
For a full list of benefits and to apply, select the apply button to be taken through to the UKAEA careers pages.
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, people with disabilities, and women. Our Executive team, supported by our 'Equality, Diversity and Inclusion' (EDI) Partner and Inclusion Ambassadors, actively promotes EDI and takes steps to increase diversity within our organisation. We reinforce best practices in recruitment and selection and evaluate approaches to remove barriers to success.
Please note that vacancies are generally advertised for 4 weeks but may close earlier if we receive a large number of applications.