About the job
Job Title: Electronics Engineer
Location: CM9 5FA, Maldon, Essex
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Understand and analyse customer needs to determine the costs, capacity, technical requirements for creating electronic systems using agile project methodology.
- Design, release and maintain electronic systems, firmware and components for ULT freezers. Ensure designs meet with customer expectations, applicable regulations and safety standards. Make fact-based decisions on the suitability of electronic engineering design solutions.
- Create robust testing procedures and maintenance regime for electronic equipment and components. Write consistent electronic product specifications, instructions for use and technical reports.
- Thoroughly investigate and precisely determine failure mode on electronic systems. Drive changes on design, testing, manufacturing and service instructions when required. Implement and monitor changes focusing on continuous improvement of engineering quality, efficiency and cost.
- Support operations on electronics manufacturing improvement by monitoring and evaluating current processes, punctually identifying opportunities for improvement always oriented by cost and production volume increase.
Training, professional experience:
- BSc degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
- Experience in electronics product development.
- Proof of records on PCB, Power Control Systems and Microprocessor design, testing and/ or troubleshooting.
- Domain on electrical & electronics compliance, as well safety requirements testing and analyses.
- Experience on phase development gates within a regulated industry.
- Project Management and Six Sigma Certifications are a plus.
- Able to demonstrate effective project management and leadership skills.
- Have a solid technical background in the development of electronics products or devices, including signal processing and microprocessor-controlled systems.
- Combine the ability to think and plan strategically with a hands-on approach to work and ensure delivery of the agreed targets.
- Experience working in formalized phase-gate product development process, using Design tools such as DFM, FMEA and ISO 9001 design controls.
- Able to demonstrate success in an international company environment.
- Possess R&D capability to drive forward new ideas, demonstrate successful links with research centres, academia and other external partners.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving approach.
- Ability and energy to provide necessary focus on projects.
- Team orientated and ownership to achieve organization goals.
- Outstanding communication, both verbal and written.
- Capacity to develop good understanding of end user requirements.
- Good team player, able to work cross-functionally across departments.
- Comfortable working under time constraints to meet agreed deadlines.
- 5% Employer Pension contribution
- Unlimited training opportunities
- On-site parking
- Flexible working
- Annual pay review subject to company revenue
- Free Employee Welfare services and Social events
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Electronics Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electronic Design Engineer will also be considered for this role.