Electrical/Electronic, Software, Engineering
Computing & IT/Hardware, Electronics, Graduate
Location: Rosyth, Dunfermline, Kirkcaldy, GB, KY11 2YD
Onsite or Hybrid: Hybrid
Programme title: Engineering Design & Manufacture Graduate Apprenticeship
Level: SCQF Level 10
Location: Rosyth, Scotland
Application closing date: March 2024
Programme start date: September 2024
Ready to gain a degree while launching your engineering career? Our 4-year Graduate Apprenticeship at Rosyth Dockyard offers the best of both worlds.
About the programme
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a great company on exciting defence programmes and cutting-edge technology. You'll learn from experienced teams in a huge variety of work fronts.
During your apprenticeship, you'll specialise in Power Engineering or Control & Instrumentation. This means developing your skills and gaining hands-on experience including:
• Detailed design work
• Planning, scheduling and project management
• Equipment testing and troubleshooting
• Continuous improvement initiatives
• Developing systems integration skills
You'll work on real-world shipbuilding projects like the Type 31 frigate and Queen Elizabeth Class carrier maintenance, gaining insights from real-world design and construction contracts.
By the end of your apprenticeship, you'll have the skills, knowledge and degree to take on a Commissioning Engineer role.
At Strathclyde University, you'll study for a BEng (Hons) in Engineering: Design & Manufacture. This covers topics like design, manufacturing, mechanics, thermofluids, and control systems.
What you’ll need
• Highers at grades BBBC including Maths and Physics at B or above
• We accept Foundation Apprenticeships combined with Highers, counting as one Higher at B grade.
• Modern Apprenticeships with Engineering Maths 1 and 2 may be considered.
• Applicants with prior experience and professional qualifications may be eligible through Recognition of Prior Learning.
• Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. Further details are available at United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you’ll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
• Fully funded qualification
• Personal development training and opportunities
• Minimum 28 days holiday allowance including bank holidays
• Competitive pension scheme
• Employee share scheme
• Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme and employee shopping savings portal
You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach activities and volunteering opportunities, which our apprentices find incredibly rewarding.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Apprentice Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partners, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.
Please be aware that if there is a high level of interest in this programme, applications may close earlier than advertised. To give yourself the best chance of being considered for a place on this programme, please submit your application as early as possible.
Job Segment: Design Engineer, Construction, Instrumentation, Project Manager, Apprentice, Engineering, Technology, Entry Level