About the job
Job Title: Engineering Scrum Master / Scheduler within the Hardware Team
Job Location: UK- Crawley- West Sussex
Job Code: IMS20220703-78228
About the role:
- Reporting into the Hardware Business Stream Leads, you will be part of a team responsible for delivering new products, upgrades and supporting existing product range of Aircraft Simulators.
- This role will require the ability to have an overview of the complete department workload, along with the priorities and work with the project leads to ensure that schedules are updated and required resources are in-place.
- Lead daily stand-up / Scrum meetings to drive schedules and on time deliverables by ensuring workload and priorities are defined.
- Daily interaction with all stakeholders and the ability to escalate as required
- Good engineering awareness to help understand engineering issues, both mechanical and electrical.
- The role will require a dynamic and flexible person, able to work with design engineers and other stakeholders including suppliers to understand priorities and deliver within challenging timescales and budgets.
- The role requires a proactive individual able work effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate at all levels in a clear open manner to allow the business to make informed decisions.
- Good commercial awareness with the drive and ability to deliver on time.
- Work well within and team and on own initiative, whilst being able to assist with the development of other team members.
- Some of our products you will work on include our full flight simulators, flight training devices and updates to existing customer simulators. There will also be opportunities to work on new product developments
Day to day responsibilities would typically include:
- Take ownership of all scheduling and lead daily stand-ups to ensure OTDIF.
- Update schedules on a regular basis and report progress on a weekly basis / monthly basis.
- Work with the design stream leads to understand priorities and make priority resource calls.
- Work with the design engineers to reduce the administrative burden.
- Effectively manages own time to ensure that work is completed efficiently, taking responsibility for own actions and decisions
- Proactively suggest potential improvements to product, local and Company processes to help drive improvement and efficiency.
- Must be able to switch between multiple tasks at short notice according to immediate priorities.
- Provide regular status updates to supervisor(s) as required
- Open to learn other Hardware Engineering Tools to support engineers both mechanical and electrical along with Configuration management.
- Seek to expand knowledge and experience beyond immediate discipline as opportunities arise.
- Mentoring of junior staff, support production staff during builds and leading outsour
Knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook (strong Excel skills)
- Web browser based user interfaces
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Strong Project Management / Scheduling experience.
- Good understanding of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and how they drive behaviour.
Preferably with prior experience in using one or more of the following:
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of Aircraft systems
- Experience with a revision controlled, document management system
- SAP - or another ERP/MRP system
- Windchill - or another PLM system
- JIRA and agile task management
- Preferably an engineering background in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Experience gained from an engineering business such Automotive, Aerospace, Simulation, Medical, Wind Energy or other industry that relevant skills can be transferred.
- Auto Enrolment pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group Income Protection, Private Health Care and Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts with cinemas, travel, major retailers, family days out and much more
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Free parking
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsidised staff restaurant
Please note: L3harris Commercial Aviation do not provide a visa sponsorship for this role. All candidates who wish to apply for this vacancy must have the right to work in the UK in order to be considered.
Note: This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. It is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws