Building & Construction, Environmental
Construction/Building Services, Engineering Consultancy
Job Title: Environmental Planner (DCO)
Job type: Full time – Permanent. 37 hours per week.
We are delighted to be recruiting for a DCO Planner (with a minimum of 1-2 years experience working on Development Consent Order projects) to join our diverse specialist team of town planners, civil, environmental and electrical engineers. Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, adaptable, have a passion for infrastructure town planning, be able to work remotely and also as part of a multidisciplinary project teams. You will work with programme planners and project managers, coordinate with contractors and provide general consents advice to the wider project teams you’ll be part of.
The role will be predominantly office based, with some field based duties, including ad hoc site visits across the country. This position is available immediately.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Ideally a background and degree in town planning, though backgrounds in transport or environmental planning will also be considered.
* A Chartered Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute or equivalent (or working towards this) is essential.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
* Experience working effectively within a larger multi-disciplinary DCO team and able to coordinate and work to wider team programmes
* Experience and an understanding of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA).
* Be able to maintain good quality project files and records in accordance with company project management systems.
* Ability to provide planning-related advice on DCO schemes across the multi-disciplinary team.
* Experience managing stakeholders and undertaking public/stakeholder consultation activities.
* Experience coordinating subcontractors on large infrastructure schemes.
* A full UK driving licence and be available to travel to site locations within the UK.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; EIA Planner, Environmental Planning Engineer, Town Planner, Environmental Planner, EIA Practitioner, Environmental Consultant, DCO Planner, DCO Environmental Planner, Principle Environmental Consultant, Sustainability Consultant, may also be considered for this role.