£15 - £16.50 per hour
Manufacturing, Materials, Precision Engineering
Job Title: Fabricator
Salary: The hourly rate for this position is £15.00 to £16.50 per hour depending on experience.
Hours: At Vessco Engineering Ltd, we work 39hours per week. Hours for this role are 6:45 to 15:45 Monday to Thursday, and 6:45 to 11:45 Friday.
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
As a Fabricator, you will be responsible for:
* Accurately cutting, grinding, and laying out a wide variety of materials including sheet metal, plate, tube, pipe, channel, and angle.
* Performing basic quality MIG and MMA tack welds on mild steel, stainless steel, and aluminium
* Performing final assembly to produce high quality finished products
* Marking out cylinders to provide quarter lines and exact locations of nozzles, brackets and other attachments.
* Cutting out holes in cylinders – using propane / acetylene torches and plasma torches.
* Creating templates for a range of shapes and profiles e.g. tangential nozzle in cylinder.
* Joining metal cylinders together using temporary attachments, chain blocks and similar equipment.
* Cutting and shaping weld preparation bevels on cylinder main seams and also nozzle weld preparations.
* Preparing weld bevels on pipework and tack together pipes and flanges ready for welding.
* Following safety protocol, including wearing PPE – such as air fed mask, gloves, protective footwear, ear plugs or defenders, etc.
Vessco Engineering Ltd was founded in 2006 to support local industries in and around South Wales with general fabrication work and the fabrication of header boxes. Our first vessels were small, relatively low pressure filter-type units. Since then we have established a highly-skilled workforce, and gone on to specialise in the field of pressure vessels and process equipment. We expanded into the export market with clients in Ghana, Abu Dhabi, Singapore and Algeria, while retaining our domestic customer base.
We are an ambitious and fast-growing manufacturer of pressure vessels, heat exchangers and fabricated equipment. Recently Vessco Engineering Ltd joined the LTi Metaltech Group, a €130m European Engineering Group. Today our clients are based around the world and come from a range of sectors, including Oil & Gas, Nuclear Power, Water Treatment & Heavy Industry.
To be a successful Fabricator, you will already have extensive experience within heavy industry and working with pressure vessels. Comfortable working at height and in confined spaces, you will have demonstrable experience using factory equipment such as horizontal saws, pillar drills, rotators, manipulators and cranes. Forklift training would be advantageous however, not essential. You will be able to accurately read and understand fabrication drawings and have high regard for all health and safety standards in the workplace.
Proactive, flexible and a team player, you will ideally have had exposure to the Oil and Gas, or Nuclear industries previously.
* 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
* Weekday and Weekend overtime is regularly available.
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Letter Fabricator, Sign Maker, Signage, Welder Fabricator, Welder, Fabricator, Welding, Fabricating, Metalworker, Sheet Metal Worker, Metal Worker, Skilled Welder, Skilled Fabricator, Welding Technician, Engineer, Finishing Welder, Fabrication, Plater, Plating Engineer, MIG Welder, TIG Welder, Manufacturing Welder, Manufacturing Fabricator, will all be considered.