Job Title: Mobile Engineer – Tail Lifts
Salary: Competitive + Overtime and Call-outs
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 8am to 5pm and 1pm to 10pm alternating weeks
Purpose of the Role:
* To repair or maintain Tail lifts, lifting decks, winches and roller shutter doors.
* To travel to customers' sites, roadside situations, or other premises as directed.
* Assessing breakdowns, and quoting for, or carrying out, repairs as the customer has requested.
* To respond to Controllers requests and travel to customers' sites or roadside situations to assess a breakdown, quote for, or carry out repairs as the customer has requested, in an efficient manner.
* To make recommendations for major works - always ensuring unsafe equipment is clearly identified to the customer.
* To complete tablet information fully, ensuring accuracy in recording all vehicle and job details. This should include but not be limited to:
* Clocking on & off each individual job
* Recording / checking vehicle identification details and equipment details
* Recording works carried out and assessing cause of failure
* Listing all parts used with part numbers
* Attaching photos with every job etc.
* To also supply neat and accurate weekly timesheets to the office
* Be able to use a smart phone and tablet
* Supplying engineers to customers at any time during the day or night is a large part of the business and the role of Mobile Engineers is to meet this requirement. Engineers will be required to provide an out-of-hours service to customers in line with the location callout Rotas. Overtime subsequent to normal shift in order to complete jobs will be expected, even if the work allocated is close to the end of the shift.
* Engineers will be expected to keep their vans neat, tidy and secure at all times, recognizing the value of the stock that it carries and the value of the tools supplied by the company and the van itself.
* Mobile Engineers are required to work in a safe and responsible manner recognizing the Company’s Health and Safety and Company Vehicle Procedures, and their duty of care imposed by Health and safety legislation.
* Comply with all aspects of ISO 9001:2015 under your remit
* Undertake other duties which the company may from time to time reasonably request.
* Relevant experience working with tail lifts required
* Desirable to be LOLER qualified and have knowledge of hydraulics
* Basic education
* Mechanical fitting experience
* Good Communication skills
* Committed to Customer service, prepared to work flexible shifts including weekends and call outs at night
* Hold current UK Driving Licence
* Employs limited technical skill without direction
* To be aware of the effect of making errors and how it impacts on the Customer and loss of revenue to the Company
* Requires limited authorization of Location Manager/Controller
Please note that due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position so all candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Mobile Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Service Engineer, Multi-skilled Engineer, Mechanical Fitter, Lift Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Lift Repair, Lifting Decks Engineer, Elevator Engineer, Roller Shutter Door Engineer, Tail Lift Engineer, Mobile Technician, LOLER Qualified, Hydraulics Engineer, Electro-Hydraulics Systems, Fault Repair Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Mobile Lift Technician, Mobile Engineer Controller, Operations Coordinator, Operations Supervisor may also be considered for this role.