Salary of £24,000 - £26,000 per annum DOE
Are you an experienced LGV driver with CPCS Lorry Loader training? Looking to progress your career with a business that will invest in you and your future? If so, read on.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It’s an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
We don’t just want to be proud of what we do, we also want to celebrate how we do it. We are an inclusive Team that values diversity and community, what makes us different as well as what we have in common. Your contribution to delivering our Business Plan over the next 5 years and our 5 pledges to our customers is vital. We aren’t just recruiting for experience - potential, fit and values are fundamental to building and developing our team. We want you to develop, grow and succeed and enjoy working at SES.
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
Why you should join our team:
As a Grab Driver, you’ll join a relaxed, welcoming work environment where employees are supported to achieve their best and are rewarded for their hard work.
As a Silver Investors in People accredited business, we are passionate about providing excellent learning and development opportunities. We offer high-quality training to build on your existing knowledge, as well as H&S training so you’ll feel confident while working on site.
What’s more, we value our employees and like to promote from within. This position has the potential to diversify and progress into other areas of the business.
- Salary of £24,000 - £26,000 per annum DOE
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva's Group Personal Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking or in the local area
As a Grab Driver, you will drive and operate a grab lorry to support our operations.
Some of your duties will include:
- Supervising a Grab Driver’s Mate
- Working in line with health and safety guidelines at all times
- Loading and unloading materials
- Backfilling excavations
- Completing site-based risk assessments
- Carrying out routine checks and maintaining plant
Other organisations may call this role LGV Driver, Grab Driving Operative, Lorry Driver, HIAB Driver, HIAB HGV Driver, or Large Goods Vehicle Driver.
At SES Water, we recruit based on potential, values and fit, rather than just experience and qualifications. We’re seeking a Grab Driver who:
- Is a good team player
- Understands that this job will involve a high volume of manual tasks and working in all weathers
- Has a flexible and positive attitude
- Has an LGV Category C driving licence
- Has CPCS lorry loader training (with Clam, Bucket & Hook)
An NVQ qualification in Building Skills would be beneficial to your application.
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit, who SES Water work in partnership with. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process, please get in touch and let us know. We’re also happy to discuss flexible working options should the role accommodate it.
If you are seeking your next challenge as a Grab Driver, select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount, so we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe.