Electrical/Electronic, Electro-Mechanical, Mechanical
Job Title: Head of Maintenance Manager (Go-Kart)
Location: Milton Keynes
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time. 45 hours a week
The role: A hands on mechanical/management position which entails managing all engineering functions for the venue in line with company policy/ guidelines. The Head of Engineering for Daytona in the Milton Keynes will manage the engineering team whilst maintaining all technical and safety standards. You will report directly to the Group Head of Engineering, ensuring smooth and safe day-to-day operations.
Essential: Applicants must be flexible to work evenings and weekends alongside weekdays.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Overall responsibility in all matters relating to technical and safety aspects of the Daytona/manufacturing and regulatory requirements.
* Managing a small and friendly team of mechanics to ensure that the kart fleets are available to meet the needs of the business to the standards required.
* Manage/train and develop direct reporting staff by ensuring that the engineering team is motivated to carry out their duties to the required high standards of safety, cleanliness and tidiness.
* Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets and to actively participate in forecasting and financial reporting as required.
* Responsible for monthly stock takes/ orders/lead-times/minimum stock levels
* To ensure that all are maintained to manufacturers specification or an internal specification (where set).
* To ensure that the correct number of karts are serviced and maintained and available for each event.
* To be responsible for the recruitment / training and staffing levels.
* Personality: A self-driven and results oriented person with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality. Reliable, tolerant and determined. An eye for detail is essential and a pride in their work that is projected to the whole team. Well presented, friendly and professional. Keen for new experiences, responsibility and accountability. Able to communicate with others and be a team player.
* Specific Job Skills: Mechanical experience is essential as is a basic understanding of engineering principles. Must be able to understand the importance of correct maintenance and the need to ensure this is correctly recorded. A basic concept of stock and budget control will be required. Should be able to communicate and motivate via verbal and written media. Must have people management skills and be able to communicate clearly with suppliers. Familiarity with nature of business. Clean or near clean driving license.
* IT Skills: Must have a basic understanding of MS Office 2000 or later, working knowledge of Excel, Word, internet and e-mail.
* Management ability: Experience of staff management or supervisory experience is required, as are the skills to motivate and set a positive example to a small team of engineers.
Competitive salary based on experience.
Please click the APPLY button to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Mechanic, Mechanic Manager, Go Kart Maintenance, Go Kart Mechanic, Go Kart Engineer, Go Kart operative, Head of Engineering, Vehicle Technician, Technician, Motor Fitter, Workshop Fitter, Maintenance Engineer, Car Service Technician, Car Engineer, Car Repair Technician, Service Engineer, Kart Repair, Kart Engineer, Kart Repair Technician, Machine Technician will be considered.