£36000 - £38000 per annum
Building & Construction
Heating & Plumbing Engineer x4
Field Based (covering Surrey)
If you are an experienced, qualified plumbing and heating professional, this is a great opportunity to take on an inhouse role within a supportive engineering team. Sound good? Read on to find out more.
We are SES Home Services, a trusted local provider of plumbing, heating and drainage services. Our professional, reliable home services are accredited and guaranteed – giving our customers the best of both worlds – an affordable local specialist, plus the peace of mind of a large provider.
Whether our customers want to be prepared for every eventuality with emergency cover or fix a leaking tap with our fixed price repairs, we’re the local experts who are on hand to help, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Our business is built on the values of service, compassion, integrity, innovation, collaboration and commitment. We are looking for engaged individuals who are passionate about delivering great customer service to join us on our journey.
Why you should join our team:
At SES Home Services, we offer the perfect environment in which to learn, grow and succeed. You’ll join a fast-paced team full of ambitious, compassionate people who support each other to achieve their goals and are committed to delivering the very best for our customers.
Our knowledgeable team are one of the cornerstones of our success, which is why we place emphasis on learning and development. You’ll undertake a comprehensive induction, as well as on-the-job training, to give you all the tools you need to thrive and the opportunity to share your knowledge, skills and experience.
For those with ambition, this position has the scope to progress into a team leader role in teams across our group, making this the ideal opportunity to achieve your professional goals.
- Salary of £36,000 - £38,000 per annum
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva's Group Personal Pension Plan
- Up to 5% bonus potential, if targets are achieved this is paid quarterly as 5% of basic earnings in those 3 months
- Additional earning potential through standby payments and enhanced rate overtime c.£2kpa (not guaranteed earnings)
- Sales commission scheme, about another £2k pa earning potential
- Free on-site parking or in local area (a company van is provided for work use only)
- Working hours: 45-hour basic working week. Shifts operate between the hours of 07:30 - 22:00, Mon – Sun, with rest days on a shift basis.
As a Plumbing & Heating Engineer, you will carry out servicing, breakdown and maintenance work on all types of gas, boilers, plumbing and heating systems, as well as carrying out installation work as required.
Working out in the field, you will carry out landlord gas safety inspections, heating and plumbing inspections for contract suitability and heating related site surveys.
You will mentor, train and support the development of apprentices and your colleagues within the engineering department, providing you with the opportunity to share your skills, knowledge and experience.
The highest work standards and compliance with health & safety regulations are at the centre of the service we provide and you will be expected to be an advocate of these core principles.
Other organisations may call this role Gas Engineer, Plumber, Gas & Heating Engineer, Gas Safe Engineer, Gas & Plumbing Engineer, or Heating Engineer.
At SES Home Services, we recruit based on potential, values and fit, rather than just experience and qualifications. We’re seeking a Plumbing & Heating Engineer with:
- A positive, can-do attitude
- A flexible approach to working, providing support as and when required
- Excellent technical knowledge of both plumbing and heating engineering
- Significant experience within the Gas industry, ideally 5 years’ vocational experience
- Gas Safe registration
Experience of mentoring and supporting apprentices would be advantageous to your application but is not essential.
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days’ holiday per year
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit, who SES Home Services work in partnership with. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency. We are both equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
If you are seeking your next challenge as a Plumbing & Heating Engineer, select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount, so we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe.