Up to £40000 per annum
Job Title: HVAC Engineer
Location: Kingston upon Thames
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
The KUSCO (Kingston University Service Company Ltd) Maintenance team is responsible for Planned and reactive maintenance to the Kingston University sites. Each team member carries out work relevant to his or her skill base but is also required to take on other general tasks within their capability, recognizing that there is overlap between skills.
About the role:
The role of the HVAC Engineer is to join our team to provide technical expertise across Kingston University. You will support the Penrhyn Road Campus in Kingston Upon Thames regarding planned and reactive maintenance and various projects ensuring high levels of compliance and Health & Safety. It's a working position that involves operating as part of the KUSCO maintenance team and so requires a positive flexible customer-focused attitude towards work. The role will also promote improvements to working practices and adopt a quality approach to all aspects of work and encourage others to achieve and maintain high standards.
The HVAC Engineer reports through to the Maintenance Supervisor, who manages the overall performance of the maintenance teams and deals with issues that arise contractually. On some aspects, the Estate Asset Manager will require assistance and input on projects and planned PPM’s.
This is above all a team effort, with the individuals expected to manage their work and make decision’s independently whilst working as part of the KUSCO campus service team.
* To deliver operational FM excellence across all Kingston University Buildings. The Job holder will be centred around Kingston Upon Thames
* A ‘’hands on role‘’ including Maintenance PPM’s, Repairs, Projects and Installation Works, lifecycle, and management of Technical services suppliers and sub-contractors
* To take a leading role in the repair and maintenance of all HVAC (Ventilation and air conditioning), water and gas systems across all buildings
* To undertake reactive repairs to all HVAC, water and Gas systems in line with site SLA’s & KPI’s and ensuring Planon is kept up to date
* Manage contractors while reducing the need for external assistance and utilising in -house team
* Manage the process of ordering materials equipment and consumables to ensure all tasks are undertaken in a timely fashion
* Join the on-call maintenance rota for out of hours cover
* Carry out Risk Assessments and ensure safe systems of work to ensure KUSCO adheres to Health & Safety best practice
* Supply technical expertise to cover during absence of the maintenance team
* Ensure quality is maintained in all aspects of workmanship
* Maximize the use of the company technology such as BMS and CAFM
* Ensure compliance with Health and Safety at all times
* To carry out any other tasks commensurate to the post that may over time become necessary
* Experience of working in a multi-site contract with a varied portfolio of plant and equipment specs
* Current statutory technical certification within the core field for example City and Guilds Part 3 (Plumbing) Level 2 & 3 NVQ Diplomas in Heating and Ventilation, commercial gas qualified COCN1, CDGA1, CORT1, TPCP1 ICPN1 and C&G Cat 1 2079-11 and an electrical qualification
* Highly experienced, time served and a fully qualified tradesperson
* Pro-active attitude and can be flexible in relation to duties and working hours
* Strong organizational and planning skills and can prioritise and manage their time effectively
* Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
* Able to work effectively without supervision and rebound from setbacks and adversity when faced with difficult situations
* The ability to communicate both effectively and timely is seen as essential and also being able to contribute to creating new and better ways for the organisation to be successful
* Ability to build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions
* IT & systems literate, use of IT systems to provide/monitor data within the Quality Assurance, BMS and other management reporting systems
* UK Driver’s license
* Live in the proximity of Kingston Upon Thames
* IPAF & PASMA
* CPA1, CENWAT, CKR1, HTR1, CIGA1, BMP1, TPCP1A
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning, Maintenance Engineer, Air Conditioning Maintenance Engineer, VRV, AC, VRF, AHU & Refrigeration Systems will also be considered for this role.