Jaguar Land Rover
£42,000 - £54,000
Electro-Mechanical, Mechanical, Software, Systems Design
WHAT TO EXPECT
As a Controls Design Engineer, you will be based within the Climate Cabin Systems team, which is part of the wider Body Interiors Group and be responsible for the design, development and validation of controls for a complex climate control systems and associated features. Your role may also extend to the use of test bench/rig properties for prototyping of control systems.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
You will be able to demonstrate experience of design of control systems to realise climate control features. You will also be skilled at validation of control systems using simulation and physical test and prototyping of control systems.
As a Controls Design Engineer, you will be working as part of a multi-disciplined squad, operating AGILE Scrum Methodology to realise the design of features and control systems. Interactions would be expected across the engineering business, but particularly in the areas of electrical architecture, networking and related stakeholder systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Practical experience working with electro-mechanical systems that gives the ability to understand the interactions between software-based controls and moving physical parts.
• Proven experience in the use of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) design and validations tools for control system design.
• Experience of requirements authoring and management.
• A good understanding or practical experience of in-vehicle networking design or diagnostics.
• Specific experience of design using tool by Dassault Systemes. Namely, Catia Magic, Stimulus, TRM.
• Experience of using Atlassian systems for AGILE ethos. Namely, JIRA, Confluence.
• Experience of using Mathworks - Matlab/Simulink software for design.
• Experience in developing control systems through rapid prototyping using dSPACE (DS1005/6) and Control Desk.
• Experience in practical use of tools for network comms by VECTOR or ETAS for CAN, LIN, Flexray, Ethernet.
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.