£60,000 - £69,999
Aerospace / Avionics, Communications, Defence, Electronics, Marine, Nuclear
Job Title: Integrated Product Support Manager
Location: UK - Various Locations Available+ Flexible Working Arrangements
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54547
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Integrated Product Support Manager within our Mission Systems business. We're looking for a dynamic and inspirational leader to make a real impact by joining us as a manager of integrated product support. This role is new position, created as a result of our continued growth and will deliver technical output and provide leadership and management of a team of IPS professionals.
As a trusted provider for global defence & security, we have a wide portfolio of best-in-class technical solutions that enable our customers to carry out their missions. It's an exciting and fast paced business carrying out a diverse range of activities. Mission Systems employs over 1,200 people across the UK and overseas with the largest sites based in Bristol and Devonport.
As an Integrated Product Support Manager you'll lead a small, cross-discipline team from the early phases of a product lifecycle. This means that you will lead on the development of support solutions in support of major, new business winning activities delivering exciting new capabilities to our customers. In technical aspects, you'll consider all the IPS elements and ILS activities as part of the product strategy, leading and guiding specialists in each area to design an effective support solution.
Day to day, you'll
* implement the plan and lead on the delivery of the technical solution covering Availability, Reliability and Maintainability (AR&M) and Supportability Analysis, etc.
* guide your team to produce plans (in accordance with Def Stan 00-600 and/or SX000i) that detail the support solution required to meet our customers' needs for availability and through life costs, etc.
* provide project management / bid management with a costed plan to design, deliver and implement a tailored support solution appropriate to the new capability.
The role is adaptable and can be based at HMNB Devonport, Bristol or Ashchurch, or any other compliant Babcock site. You will work with a high level of autonomy with an emphasis on delivery for you and your team. There will be some travel required as our teams operate in hybrid, flexible arrangements, mostly centred around our sites in Devonport and Bristol. There will be some travel required to customers' and suppliers' sites as well as to collaborate with other partners.
Essential experience of the Integrated Product Support Manager:
* Broad experience of supporting complex equipment and systems and well-developed leadership and management skills.
* Experience in a project environment and will likely have project and risk management skills and qualifications.
* We will expect you to be able to demonstrate examples of collaboration, ownership and delivery
* You may have previously worked as an operator or engineering technician where you will bring your knowledge and understanding of implementing and conducting maintenance to be able to build effective and efficient support solutions.
Qualifications of the Integrated Product Support Manager:
* Level-6 or above qualification or equivalent in experience.
* Chartered Engineer or working towards CEng
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.
* Generous holiday allowance
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
* Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
* 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 30/11/23