Jaguar Land Rover
Mechanical, Software, Systems Design
WHAT TO EXPECT:
The Electric Drive Unit cooling and lubrication (EDU C&L) engineering team is responsible for the design, development, and engineering sign-off of all Jaguar Land Rover EDU cooling and lubrication components to deliver the required cooling and lubrication for the EDU system at desired efficiency level.
The role would be as a CAD design engineer based in EDU C&L teams to develop new technologies within EDU. Reporting to a team leader, The CAD engineer is responsible for implementing design solutions to meet component functional targets. The role will involve circa 70% - 80% pure CAD engineering with the remainder of the time working closely with interfacing component hardware owners. You will develop new technologies and system integration across EDU, with input into the geometry of the EDU Lubrication System and it’s interfaces.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
• Produce CAD geometry that delivers engineering solutions for both prototype and production parts.
• Integrate supplier CAD geometry into the EDU System architecture
• Support CAD Package studies, covering tolerance stacks, static/dynamic clearance, etc.
• Optimise design solutions for weight, cost, manufacturing feasibility, quality and functional attributes.
• Use CATIA & Teamcentre to ensure geometric compatibility.
• Ensure adherence to JLR CAD (iPLM) standards
• Collaborate with a x-functional team clearly communicating design status to key stakeholders such as manufacturing, suppliers, component owners and management.
• Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• Relevant degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Automotive, Aerospace, Product Design, etc.)
• CATIA V5/V6 CAD modelling including solid and surface modelling (3D design from concept to production) & (2D drawings and GD&T)
• Expérience with Dassault 3D Expérience toolset
• Strong people skills and the ability to work individually and in a cross-functional team
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Experience of meeting tight deadlines.
• Working Knowledge of Problem Resolution Techniques e.g. 8D Problem Solving
• An understanding of manufacturing processes such as machining, plastic moulding, casting, and forging
• Experienced in DFMEA
• A knowledge of EDU Cooling and Lubrication system and its component.
• Experience with cooling systems and pipes components (coolant and oil HP/LP)
• Working knowledge of project management skills
• Working experience with Agile methodology
• Familiar with PCDS vs4, CCDS
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.