About the job
Job Title: Machine Operator/Setter
Salary: £10.20 – £12.50 per hour depending on experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Working Days & Hours:
Monday – Friday on a rotating shift pattern:
Monday – Friday 06.00am – 14.00
Monday – Thursday 13.50 – 22.20, Friday 13.50 – 19.50
The Role: As a machine setter you will have experience as a machine operator and will be mechanically minded and have the ability to troubleshoot multiple issues. You will set machines accurately, maintaining quality and efficiency throughout.
Due to the specialist nature of the machines full training will be given to the right candidate although previous experience would be advantageous. Applicants should be able to demonstrate good mechanical skills gained in an engineering background. This vacancy may suit candidates from a mechanical manufacturing environment.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Set machines within timeframes ensuring they produce parts and run efficiently.
- Assist operators on requirements of the process.
- Manufacture product used in consumer electrical products and in the automotive industry
- Report any issues to the management team
- Maintain production targets
- Carry out regular quality checks on our products
- Ensure machines, spares and auxiliary equipment are kept at the required levels for maximum efficiency for the duration of your shift
- Machine setting experience within manufacturing sector
- Experience of setting and operating technical machinery.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Methodical and logical
- Good numeracy and literacy skills are important, in order to keep clear and precise records
- Team player but can also work on your own initiative when required
- Contribute to the team to ensure that our customers receive top quality products, meeting delivery targets
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Experience with measuring equipment
- Machine operator experience
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge at any level of Auto-Rivot, Multislide and power press machinery
- Engineering experience
- Company Pension Scheme
- Healthcare Scheme
- Full training provided
- Pathways for Progression
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Machine Operative, Machine Operator, Manufacturing Operative, Manufacturing Engineer, Production Operative, Production Technician, Process Operator, Production Engineer, Manufacturing Technician, CNC Machinist, Machine Operator, CNC Operator, CNC Machine Setter Operator, Machine Technician, Machine Setter, CNC Setter, Machine Setter Operator may also be considered for this role.