£30,000 - £39,999
Job Title: Mechanical Fitter (Shiplift)
Location: HMNB Clyde - Faslane
Compensation: £34,522.00 plus benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF51638
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Mechanical Fitter at our Faslane site near Helensburgh.
As a Mechanical Fitter within our Shiplift Facility you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary where you'll be key to the business.
Day to day, you'll undertake mechanical fitting activities, repairs and inspections on systems and equipment on the Shiplift, and when required, in other sections including the Estate.
* Completion of all planned preventative maintenance and nuclear implicated work to ensure the department meets the objectives of the business
* Identification and rectification of all system, manufacture, defects and alterations to ensure the continued availability and performance of our Shiplift and the Estate
* Ensure that work is carried out in line with current processes and make suggestions on improving systems and processes to increase productivity in accordance with set objectives and timescales
* Work within all H&S legislation, Safe Systems of Work and control of work processes within BM&T Clyde policy
Essential experience of the Mechanical Fitter (Shiplift)
* Previous experience within a marine/engineering environment and/or having experience with mechanical maintenance
* You will be comfortable working at heights, in confined spaces and in inclement weather conditions
* You will be able to understand and read drawings and have the ability to think on your feet and problem solve with a high attention to detail and fault finding
* Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and a focus on producing high-quality work to meet rigorous acceptance standards
* Experience of maintenance procedures, risk, and COSHH assessments and Safe Systems of Work with excellent team working and interpersonal skills
36 hour working week. 8:05 to 16:45 Monday to Thursday 8:05 to 12:05 on Friday Full time onsite.
Qualifications for the Mechanical Fitter (Shiplift)
Recognised Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship qualified to SVQ Level 3 (or NVQ and C&G equivalent) or HNC and above in an Mechanical Engineering discipline with industry experience.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.
* Generous holiday allowance
* Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
* 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pages
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.