£30,000 - £39,999
Job Title: Mechanical Team Leader
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh
Compensation: £35k to £39k dependant on experience
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF51018
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Mechanical Team Leader at our Clyde site.
As a Mechanical Team Leader you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Here at Babcock we have a unique opportunity Mechanical Team Leader position to support docking vessel in the world only Nuclear ship lift.
Day to day, you'll direct and supervise a team of MSOs and Fitters to undertake maintenance and repair activities in the ship lift and across HMNB Clyde and prepare for and conduct operations in the ship lift and explosives handing jetty.
* Perform line management duties in accordance with company policies, leading and motivating the team to deliver the main objective and purpose
* Work within all H&S legislation, Safe Systems of Work and control of work processes within HMNB Clyde
* Maintenance, reconfiguration, transfer and alignment of the cradle for the docking of submarines. As i/c cope provide operational oversight of the teams undertaking docking and berthing evolutions
* As the SME and Qualified Rope Inspector provide engineering assurance that the ship lift systems meet the requirements of the operational safety case
* Act as the custodian of the cradle marshalling area, MHE Garage and blocks and cappers workshop
Essential experience of the Mechanical Team Leader
* Maintenance management
* Risk assessments
* Safe Systems of Work
This role is based onsite full time at HMNB Clyde, Faslane.
Qualifications for the Mechanical Team Leader
* Recognised Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship qualified to SVQ Level 3 (or NVQ and C&G equivalent) or HNC and above in a Mechanical Engineering discipline with industry experience
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role. Not ITAR implicated.
* Generous holiday allowance
* Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
* 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pages.
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 19/05/2023