Up to £70,000 DOE
Network Engineering Manager
Redhill, Surrey (office/home-based with travel to sites as required)
If you are driven, proactive and thrive in an operational environment, this is the perfect opportunity to join SES Water and play a vital role in driving our performance, leading our teams and ensuring a clean and continuous supply of water makes its way to our customers.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It’s an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
We don’t just want to be proud of what we do, we also want to celebrate how we do it. We are an inclusive Team that values diversity and community, what makes us different as well as what we have in common. Your contribution to delivering our Business Plan over the next 5 years and our 5 pledges to our customers is vital. We aren’t just recruiting for experience - potential, fit and values are fundamental to building and developing our team. We want you to develop, grow and succeed and enjoy working at SES.
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
Why you should join our team:
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven team leader to become part of a passionate and collaborative team and take on a wider engineering portfolio, driving performance within an inclusive environment.
Learning and development plays a key part in our ongoing success and we strongly believe in giving our staff all the support they need to thrive. When you join us, you will receive fantastic training and have the chance to enhance your skills and experience whilst supporting other team members to do the same.
What’s more, we reward hard work and ambition and, as our business continues to evolve, there may be opportunities for progression across our Network Asset Team, Water Strategy Team and/or the Engineering Production Team.
- Salary of up to £70,000 DOE
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva's Group Personal Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking or in local area
- Working hours: 37 hours per week, however, the successful candidate will need to be available out of hours for emergencies
As a Network Engineering Manager, you will oversee the delivery of the repair and maintenance of the potable water network.
Reporting to the Head of Network, you will project manage the capital and revenue projects associated with network maintenance, refurbishment and extension of the distribution network. Managing the performance of our supply chain, you will help develop commercial strategies to drive service improvement and efficiency.
You will maintain the highest standards of customer satisfaction, health, safety, environmental and quality standards on site and strive to achieve our Business Plan’s performance commitments and customer promises.
In addition, you will:
- Manage the performance of teams to optimise the efficiency of the operation
- Provide support as part of the Emergency Team in the event of an incident
- Provide leadership and support to departmental staff
- Deputise for the Head of Network in their absence
Other organisations may call this role Network Engineering Delivery Manager, Network Engineering Lead, Network Engineering Delivery Lead, Network Engineering Team Leader, or Water Treatment Engineering Manager.
At SES Water, we recruit based on potential, values and fit, rather than just experience and qualifications. We’re seeking a Network Engineering Manager, with:
- Good relationship-building skills
- The ability to motivate people
- The ability to influence current thinking
- Experience of managing a direct and contract labour force
- Programme and project management experience
- NEC3 or NEC3 contract management experience
- A further education qualification in civil engineering, construction management or similar
- A full, valid driving licence
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- Company car
- 23 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit, who SES Water work in partnership with. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process, please get in touch and let us know. We’re also happy to discuss flexible working options should the role accommodate it.
If you are seeking your next challenge as a Network Engineering Manager, select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount, so we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe.