£25,000 - £32,000 DOE
Network Operations Analyst – Graduates Welcome
Redhill, Surrey (temporarily remote due to Covid-19)
If you have a strong mathematical background and an inquisitive mind, this is a great opportunity to join a supportive environment where you’ll be given the tools and encouragement you need to develop and grow your skills and career. As a Network Operations Analyst, you will help ensure our distribution network, consisting of 3,800km of water mains, is run efficiently.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It’s an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
We don’t just want to be proud of what we do, we also want to celebrate how we do it. We are an inclusive Team that values diversity and community, what makes us different as well as what we have in common. Your contribution to delivering our Business Plan over the next 5 years and our 5 pledges to our customers is vital. We aren’t just recruiting for experience - potential, fit and values are fundamental to building and developing our team. We want you to develop, grow and succeed and enjoy working at SES.
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
Why you should join our team:
This is a great opportunity to join a long-standing, close-knit team who work collaboratively to support one another in a friendly work environment.
We will provide you with the training and development you need to build on your skills, knowledge and experience and grow within your role.
What’s more, we really value our employees and offer excellent career development and progression opportunities across the business. This includes potential progression into a management position for the right candidate once you have developed the relevant experience.
- Salary of up to £32,000 DOE
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva's Group Personal Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking or in local area
- Working hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm Monday – Thursday and 8:00am – 4:00pm on Fridays
As a Network Operations Analyst, you will help ensure our distribution network, consisting of 3,800km of water mains, is run efficiently.
Reporting to the Network Operations Manager, you will help plan, co-ordinate and manage network operations, particularly the repair of bursts and operational network maintenance.
Using network modelling, you will develop plans to minimise the impact of planned and unplanned works, facilitate operational decisions and assist with strategic projects for leakage and network/asset improvements.
Additionally, you will:
- Monitor and analyse our performance against levels of service standards and PCs (Performance Commitments) relating to the Networks Operations
- Assist in the design and implementation of administration and control systems to support the Networks Department
- Provide operational support to the Network Inspectorate
This role will also involve infrequent travel to visit satellite sites (for which a pool car will be provided).
Other organisations may call this role Water Network Analyst, Water Network Engineer, Graduate Water Network Analyst, Utilities Analyst, or Graduate Water Networks Engineer.
At SES Water, we recruit based on potential, values and fit, rather than just experience and qualifications. We’re seeking a Network Operations Analyst with:
- The ability to work at a fast pace
- The ability to multi-task
- A strong mathematical background
- A Maths, Science or Engineering degree
Water and/or utilities experience would be beneficial, as would network modelling experience. A driving licence would be equally desirable.
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage
- Overtime available
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit, who SES Water work in partnership with. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency. We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities, (visible and hidden) and women.
If you are seeking your next challenge as a Network Operations Analyst, select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount, so we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe.