Jaguar Land Rover
£33,100 - £40,000
Mechanical, Software, Systems Design
WHAT TO EXPECT
You’ll be a part of the ME Paint Engineering team based at Halewood. As a member of the team you will be responsible for the introduction of new facilities, materials and equipment into the Paint shop. You will work closely with our internal customers to provide support at all levels. You’ll be part of a team of facilities engineers that will be working to introduce new paint facilities and refurbish existing equipment to prolong its usable life. You will also be responsible for the introduction of new Paint technologies to meet our external customer expectations. You will be based at Halewood plant but must be able to travel and having a flexible approach is key to this role.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
This is a challenging role, working with wider Jaguar Land Rover organisations and being responsible for the support and delivery of the following elements: -
• Provide a manufacturing engineering role to the Paint Manufacturing Engineering (ME) Team.
• Have the knowledge and understanding to develop and review project specifications and facility layouts for Paint shop facilities.
• Develop the project schedule with the planning engineers and other departments.
• Be responsible for all aspects of Capital Expenditure Project tracking focusing on Product & Non product related expenditure from project conception through to delivery, commissioning & handover to the customer in line with policies & procedures utilised within Jaguar Land Rover.
• Lead multifunctional New Equipment Procurement Teams through all project phases.
• Ensure Process Capability of all processes and equipment to deliver Basic Minute Value (Hours Per Car) and Quality targets.
• Plan and execute facility requirements using Master Schedules and other project tracking tools.
• Ensure Production facility is ready for processing new model from prototype type phase.
• Support the Lessons Learnt actions for the Paint facilities to ensure each lesson is actioned and prevented from recurrence.
• Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
You’ll have previous project management and engineering experience within Manufacturing operations, ideally Paint Operations, including cost control, and a good working knowledge of Jaguar Land Rover paint facilities and systems. An understanding of the application of lean manufacturing tools and techniques and ideally knowledge of Paint Robot installation projects and Pre-treatment & E/Coat installation projects, cavity wax and sealing operations. You’ll also be confident with HSE & Construction Design Management regulations (CDM).
You’ll have experience of proactive delivery, commitment to agreed deadlines and be a problem solver. Your approach will be methodical and accurate, working within the guideline of the ME procedures and processes. Being a strong communicator, positive & confident, you’ll be working with other Jaguar Land Rover departments, suppliers and other organisations and will be supporting or chairing meetings with these customer groups.
• Facility installation & Project commissioning experiance
• NEBOSH Certificate and or IOSH Certificate
• Paint Shop experiance
• Experience of ISO14001 and minimising environmental impacts.
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.