About the job
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Your next role
We are looking for an experienced PCB Layout Engineer to join our team, working across our Electronic Warfare and CyberSecurity products. As an experienced engineer, you will design digital, analogue and RF printed circuit boards, collaborating across functions and projects.
What the role will involve
If you’re invited to join our team of dedicated experts, the responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Working with the electronics and mechanical engineers to analyse and interpret PCB requirements.
- Owning the PCB design and layout from including physical definition right through to drawing release.
- Application of and ambassador for DFx methodologies throughout the design.
- Performing library management functions, creating schematic symbols and component footprint cells according to IPC requirements and company standards.
- Performing peer reviews of PCB designs & library data to ensure they are suitable for release.
What you will bring
The role of PCB Layout Engineer requires the following experience and skills:
- Significant experience of designing PCBs incorporating: 4-20 layers, micro-vias, blind and buried stack-up, BGA break-out and surface-mount components.
- Routing high-speed busses, length matching, net tree topologies, controlled impedance lines, reference planes and layout for signal integrity.
- Design for compliance with EMC, LVD, CE, RoHS and harsh-environmental standards in both the military and commercial fields.
- Experience of: Mentor Graphics: Design Capture, DxDesigner, DxDatabook, Library Manager, Constraint Editing System, IO Designer; Expedition PCB Advanced Interconnect, and Autodesk Autocad.
- Good understanding of configuration control (ideally PLM Arras Innovator but not obligatory)
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer a really attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- Flexible working hours
- Half day Fridays
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service
- Private medical insurance and a health care cash plan
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
- Full reimbursement of professional membership cost
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.