Project Engineer (Fleet Programmes) x6
Location – Faslane
Business Unit – Clyde
Salary: up to £44,000 depending on experience
To provide a Project Engineering function as part of a team to safely plan & execute Submarine maintenance periods. These projects have to be delivered to time, cost and quality to maintain fleet operational capability.
You will work in collaboration with Fleet Engineering and Compliance teams, as well as MoD Customer (Internal & External) as required to deliver the required outputs.
As a Project Engineer you will provide full project guidance and ensure that maintenance plans are developed and agreed as the overall package evolves to deliver Submarine projects to meet safety, quality, cost and performance and targets.
This is an exciting opportunity to progress your career and contribute towards the delivery of the UK MoD Submarine programme.
- Breakout engineering tasks (maintenance, upgrades and repairs) to develop and maintain the Project Management Plan (PMP) from an agreed work package scope on multiple Vessel systems and disciplines.
- Develop and maintain project schedules for specific work packages that meet the requirements of the business and that support Babcock group’s Project Delivery Framework (PDF).
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out in accordance with Babcock’s cost, time, cost and quality requirements.
- Develop and maintain project assumptions, exclusions and dependencies document.
- Management of project change register and associated impact statements.
- Monitor alignment of project schedule to the change register and budgets / forecasts.
- Management of project risk register and associated mitigation actions.
- Recording lessons learned in the Fleet Operations LfE register.
- Assist the Fleet Programmes Project Manager in maximising the utilisation and the efficiency of all the Project Management resource.
What do I need to do to do the role?
- A Bachelor’s degree in an engineering subject, or HNC/HND in Engineering with significant experience as a minimum requirement.
- Project Management skills accredited to the Association of Project Managers (APM). Formal APM / Prince2 qualifications are desirable but not essential.
- Eligibility for SC clearance and NNPPI.
- Previous experience in shipbuilding / repair / refit / decommissioning environments or similar industry.
- Project management and process improvement techniques.
- Knowledge of business processes (HR, Finance Commercial)
- Knowledge of Submarine systems and equipment is desirable but not essential.
What else do I need to know?
This role is based at HM Naval Base Clyde, located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, with easy access for car and public transport.
In addition to core working hours, you may be required to work overtime, including evenings and weekends, in order to meet project requirements.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We’re committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You’ll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week’s special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.