£40,000 - £49,999
Electro-Mechanical, Graduate - Multi Discipline, Mechanical
Job Title: Project Engineer - Fleet Programmes
Location: Helensburgh, Argyll & Bute
Compensation: £35,500 - £42,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF50722
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Project Engineer within our Fleet Programmes team at HMNB Clyde.
As a Project Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Areas of responsibility will include providing a Project Engineering function as part of a team to safely plan & execute Submarine maintenance periods. These projects have to be delivered to time, cost and quality to maintain fleet operational capability.
You will work in collaboration with Fleet Engineering and Compliance teams, as well as MoD Customer (Internal & External) as required to deliver the required outputs.
Please note that the role holder must be comfortable working at heights and in confined spaces.
Day to day, as a Project Engineer you will provide full project guidance and ensure that maintenance plans are developed and agreed as the overall package evolves to deliver Submarine projects to meet safety, quality, cost and performance and targets.
* Manage a small integrated team of Industrial Trades and Project Support in completion of submarine maintenance activity to ensure the department meets the objectives of the business.
* Ensure that work is carried out in line with current processes and make suggestions on improving systems and processes to increase productivity and safety in accordance with set objectives and timescales.
* Work within all H&S legislation, Safe Systems Of Work and control of work processes in accordance with Clyde policies.
This role is based on-site at HMNB Clyde, Faslane.
Essential experience of the Project Engineer:
* Previous experience in shipbuilding / repair / refit / marine engineering environments or similar industry would be desirable
* Project management and process improvement techniques.
* Knowledge of business processes (HR, Finance Commercial)
* Knowledge of Submarine systems and equipment is desirable but not essential.
Qualifications for the Project Engineer:
* A Bachelor's degree in an engineering subject, or HNC/HND in Engineering with significant experience as a minimum requirement.
* Project Management skills accredited to the Association of Project Managers (APM). Formal APM / Prince2 qualifications are desirable but not essential as Babcock will fund APM course.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.
* Generous holiday allowance
* Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
* 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.