About the job
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Salary: Competitive plus benefits package
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week – Monday to Friday)
Oilgear UK is part of the international Oilgear group producing High Pressure Hydraulic equipment and systems in the UK with facilities located strategically around the globe. Oilgear have been producing electronic control systems for over 40 years within a business that was created in 1921, we are celebrating 100 years in business.
This is a new role due to continued growth and new business wins. You will become part of a successful, driven and focussed team. You will manage through to completion from enquiry to delivery, including site installation and commissioning of quality goods and service. Working within key areas of the business to ensure full completion of projects within timescales, cost and deliverance building and maintaining strong customer relationships.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about engineering with a drive and passion to achieve results. The successful candidate will be an experienced, well organised Project Manager with excellent technical knowledge of hydraulic systems who has the ability to identify opportunities with our current clients as well as being involved in potential new business within the Marine, Oil & Gas and Energy Industries.
Ideally suited to an individual who can manage projects, from concept design to point of sales. Good technical knowledge is required, preferably Hydraulic systems, but an all- round mechanical and design technical ability is essential as is a desire to succeed as a team player.
You will have the opportunity to travel and work on customer sites in the UK, Ireland and Worldwide on occasions.
Additional benefits include Flexible Friday Scheme, Company Pension Scheme, 33 days holiday, Enhanced Sick Pay Scheme, DIS Scheme and free car parking.
Hours of work are Mon – Thurs 8.30am – 4.30pm, Friday 4.00pm with a Flex Friday afternoon option.
The salary available for this role will depend entirely on the individuals experience and skills.
Main duties will include:
- Customer focussed front end management of projects from enquiry to tender and deliverance
- oversee the design, engineering, manufacturing and administrative components of the project
- Preparation of sales presentation, proposals and quotations
- Manage client improvement and service deliverance, Meet the key delivery milestones in line with KPI’s and company objectives Continually monitor, review, & develop contract review procedures, identify errors and provide solutions
- Manage changes throughout the process, taking appropriate measures internally to ensure the financial position is protected throughout to maximise cashflow and avoid unnecessary commercial exposure
- Analyse and assimilate the contract, whilst understanding the performance metrics, design requirements and delivery expectations
- Maintain strong relationships with customers and suppliers to reduce commercial risk and maximise future business opportunities
- Attend Client Site Management Meetings focus on updates and project timescales
- Liaise and participate in meetings with all internal departments and co-ordinate with the sales team and our customers
- Drive, motivate and work with the engineering team to ensure clear vision and target
- HND or Bachelor Degree in Business Management and / or Engineering essential with an MBA preferred or equivalent is essential
- Proven experience within Project Manager type of role in Manufacturing/Engineering essential
- Proven ability in managing multiple projects at any given time, delivering high quality projects on time and within budget
- Experience within defence, energy or marine industries/ sectors preferred
- Proficient user of software packages including, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office
- Proven facilitation and negotiation skills
- A positive, “can-do & will do” attitude
- Strategic thinker, commercially aware
- Effective communicator who collaborates to build strong relationships and the ability to relay information back to the team and business
- Proven people skills are required; ability to work with others while effectively handling internal pressures
- Solution seeker that supports organisation development with sharing best practice
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organised with the ability to work to tight deadlines
When applying please provide a covering letter detailing your salary expectations and availability to commence work.
All candidates must be currently eligible to both live and work in the United Kingdom.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Project Management, Project Planning, Senior Project Lead, Senior Project Manager, Project Manager, Project Lead, Lead Project Manager, Project Engineer, Engineering Project Lead will all be considered for this role.