Jaguar Land Rover
WHAT TO EXPECT:
The role of Prototype Electrical Delivery manager sits within the Prototype Build Operations Team. The purpose of the role is to ensure that all electrical prototype activities are planned and delivered to a level which delights our customers
Our operation is going through a time of development to align with our connected and electrified future, it will be imperative to review the status quo, constructively challenge and develop the team to allow the department to remain relevant to the business by taking on new tasks and activities and delivering them to the expected time and quality standards.
The main activities will be to lead and enable the delivery of all prototype electrical requirements for all vehicle and non-vehicle build activities, setting up of a team to deliver all this and the upkeep and development of the world class facility to ensures the successful delivery. Taking responsibility to ensure effective delivery for all elements as well as working in collaboration with the related stakeholders, the successful candidate will pride themselves on high quality, high efficiency operational excellence.
Activities will include Setting up a new team and it’s operating model, collecting and managing requests from the engineering function, precision planning of tasks and delivering efficiently to this plan
In leading and managing the team the candidate shall set appropriate objectives and ensure that Team members have the relevant skills and competencies required to fulfil their roles. You shall develop a training plan, carry out performance reviews and oversee both recruitment and retention of team member.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
• Lead prototype harness design team supporting the in house engineering strategy
• Lead the electrical build teams to ensure effective and timely delivery of prototype builds
• Lead the prototype electrical engineering team to commission properties and update them as required
• Adapt and drive our operation to the requirements of our engineering customers
• Ensure robust issue tracking, management and resolution as required to ensure maximum value add to the engineering function
• Collect, manage and deliver prototype electrical requirements in an efficient and data driven way
• Responsible for developing process enhancement
• Responsible for ensuring appropriate escalation of all issues preventing on time, to quality builds from occurring with suitable reporting upwards to ensure clear communications of progress and blockers
• Leading and directing a multi-disciplinary team of Engineers and Technicians in order to allocate responsibilities to ensure the maximum effectiveness of the team.
• Co-ordination of activities to ensure strategic intent is met through accurate forecasting of work demand and resource requirement.
• Building of strategic partnerships with stakeholders, and customers to understand demand/capacity and develop the prototype workload plan.
• Lead strategic and operational development
• To drive continuous improvement activity with the goal of improving product quality.
• Timely identification, and communication, of budget requirements.
• Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• Experience of managing and leading delivery in an operational environment
• Leadership of teams delivering in a complex technical environment
• Strong technical expertise and experience in a related field preferably electrically based
• Ability to identify, influence, standardise and deliver process and efficiency improvements across direct team and customer interface departments.
• Strong business and commercial acumen covering team operational management, control of headcount, overheads and efficient facility operation
• Clear and confident communicator both orally and in writing
• Proactive attitude and willingness to learn new systems and processes
• Ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
• Computer literate, including Microsoft Office and Excel competency to produce plans, reports, presentations, graphs, processes and SPL documents
• Ability to mentor and train others
• Delivery of prototype programs
• Knowledge of PCDS (Product Creation Delivery System) and prototype build process desirable
• Agile delivery working knowledge
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan, private medical cover and performance related bonus scheme. As a manager, you’ll also be able to select one of our luxury premium vehicles to lease at a fraction of the cost. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.