About the job
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Your next role
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and enhance your skills as a Quality Engineer in a dynamic industry that is constantly developing and delivering innovative, next-generation capabilities?
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career as a Quality Engineer, L3Harris is here to help you grow. As a Quality Engineer, you would report into the Quality Lead and IPT. You will use a variety of machining and fabrication processes to manufacture products from our facility located in Brighton, East Sussex.
What the role will involve
If you’re invited to join our team of dedicated experts, the responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Auditing: Conduct external auditing to ensure compliance to ISO 9001 & AS9100 and the quality management system
- Quality Assurance Documentation:(FAIR, Quality Plans, Inspection Test Plans)
- Supplier Approval: Work with the Procurement Team for supplier approval
- Concession: Review and approval Concessions and Production Permits
- Document Change Request (DCR): Review and approval DCR’s
- Design Review:Attend Design Review to contribute from Project Launch to Manufacturing Review
- Contract Review: Pre-manufacturing activities to release to production and monitor progress
- Project Management:Identify, monitor, manage and mitigate risk on specific customer requirements.
What you’ll bring
The role of Quality Engineer requires the following experience and skills:
- Minimum HNC Mechanical/ Manufacturing or Production Engineering qualification or 10 years’ experience in a similar role is preferable
- Quality Auditor Training
- Ability to read and interpret technical Engineering Drawings (GD&T) and specifications
- Working knowledge of Root Cause(8D, 5 WHY) Analysis techniques to implement effective monitoring / metrics to support corrective actions
- Working knowledge of Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), AS9145 and FAI as per AS9102
- Working knowledge of PFMEA & DFMEA
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer a really attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- Flexible working hours
- Half day Fridays
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service
- Private medical insurance and a health care cash plan
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
- Full reimbursement of professional membership cost
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.