About the job
Job Title: Quality Inspector
Salary: £26k - £30k per annum
Job type: Full Time - Permanent.
ADS Laser is the premier metal laser cutting, precision folding, fabricating and finishing company in the UK. From Bespoke to Volume Solutions, we work on a wide range of projects from intricately designed Point of Sale materials to volume components that find their way into Rail systems for systems for a range of large high profile industry customers.
The role is responsible for carrying out first off and last off quality checks to company and ISO 9001 standards and specific customer requirements and to Determine quality metrics and ensure they meet the required tolerances.
- Perform quality inspection and pre work requirements on work in-progress and finished products inc Initial Sample Inspection Reports (ISIR's) to customer requirements on a continual basis. You will ensure the appropriate procedures, standards and specifications are being adhered to as per the Quality Management System (QMS) and customer requirements
- Carry out dimensional and visual inspections during the production process and on final inspection
- Communicate all inspection reports with the production managers / supervisors responsible for the areas being inspected and report any non-conformances in line with the Company NCR process
- Support the Compliance Manager to improve company efficiencies and reduce non-conformance in line with the Company KPI targets
- Inspect purchased parts and materials for conformity to standards, specifications, and processing requirements
- Conduct first article inspection of parts, assemblies, equipment, and tooling
- Assist with root cause analysis and problem-solving activities on the shop floor
- Effectively use various measuring equipment to inspect machined components
- Ensure all measuring equipment is maintained in line with the calibration system
- Calibrate measuring equipment and measuring testing variables
- Observe the methods and equipment manufacturing employees use during production and giving them advice to correct errors and increase efficiency
- In conjunction with the Compliance Manager, perform root cause analysis, development of corrective action strategies
- Support the Compliance Manager in the efficient running of the QMS System and attainment of ISO and CE accreditations and to conform to individual customer quality standards, including Audits (internal, customer, supplier, re-certification)
- Generate Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) reports in accordance with the required standards
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and progress related actions
- Any other reasonable management request.
Skills and experience;
- Previous quality inspection experience in a manufacturing environment (desirable in a fabrication environment)
- Proficient in the understanding of engineer, fabrication, laser and paint / finish production methods/process
- Experience using calibrated inspection measurement tools such as tapes, squares, micrometres, verniers etc.
- Ability to read, interpret and work directly from engineering drawings
- Have a good knowledge of industry standards in relation to finishes and acceptable tolerances
- Have awareness of how to conduct First Article Inspections
- Able to write level 2 and level 3 PPAP documents
- Understanding of APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning)/Control Plans, FMEA (Failure Mode and Effective Analysis), and Process Flow Charts
- Possess strong computer skills to include developing documents in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good attention to detail, with high levels of accuracy & a commitment to quality
- Able to work on & use own initiative & problem solve
- Strong communication, team working & people skills
- Demonstrate a professional & courteous attitude
- Act with integrity & honesty
- Positive attitude to innovation & change
- Looking to build a career in a fast-growing business.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Non contractual quarterly bonus scheme
- Above statutory holiday entitlement
- Additional service linked holiday
- Christmas shutdown
- Day Shift - 40 hour working week, Monday - Thursday, Friday 06.30 - 12.30
- Pension scheme
- Company workwear and PPE provided
- Commitment to investing in training and development
- Onsite parking
- Staff canteen
- We are a successful and fast-growing business
- We have relocated to the Fox's site in Braunstone and are heavily investing in upgrading the site and its facilities.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Junior Quality Development Coordinator, Junior Quality Coordinator, Quality Engineer, Quality Inspector, Junior Product Quality Inspector, Quality Assurance, Junior Quality Assurance Inspector, QA Inspector, Continuous Improvement, Improvement Inspector, Quality Overseer will also be considered for this role.