About the job
Job Title: Quality Manager
Report to: Managing Director
Location: Maldon (CM9 5FA) - Office based, No remote working
Job Type: Permanent/Full-time
About the role:
- Maintaining and continuously improving the facility's ability to retain its ISO9001 and Product certification approvals, including key metric data collection and review, successful preventive and corrective action implementation and operation of internal audit scheduling.
- Working both with the CryoTech and Group Quality Management to maintain and continuously improve Group QA standards and procedures within the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Working with Materials Management, Production Engineering, Manufacturing, and Product Development functions with respect to using best practice quality systems and procedures to achieve continuous improvement.
- Working with Production to ensure that defect levels are monitored at all critical stages of the manufacturing process from materials goods-in to product dispatch and trends fed back to all areas to allow and ensure appropriate action is taken to continuously reduce defect levels and improve quality.
- Working with Product Development Engineers supporting technical documentation generation to ensure maintenance and change are rigorously controlled, and that development work conforms to agreed procedures: from the approval of a requirement specification; team resource planning & allocation; project scheduling with key milestones; through to fully validated and documented product release. Assisting with risk assessments and FMEA within product and process development.
- Working with Materials Management and suppliers to ensure consistently good quality materials and robust procedures are in place to deal with: control of reject materials; rework procedures and related stock control; approval of suppliers and tracking/corrective action control for purchased reject materials.
- Working with Group Quality Management, Service, Applications, Portfolio Management to regularly review and speedily resolve prioritized customer issues within the format of the Group QMS.
- Produce regular Quality Reports using key metrics to clearly show overall monthly trends for customer based defects, manufacturing defects, and analysis of the top issues with a status on preventive / corrective action. Working with the Freezer team and the Group to continuously improve quality against agreed and clearly visible targets.
Educational & Qualifications:
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Worked in electro / mechanical manufacturing environment 5 years minimum in similar position
- Worked as part of multi-disciplined product development team
- Experience of EC directives and certification requirements including EMC, LVD, MD Rohs Reach etc.
Product regulatory compliance experience Professional Competence:
- English (German an advantage)
- IT literate - Microsoft office
- MRP/ERP experience
- Team orientated
- Good verbal communication at all levels. Good written communication skills essential.
- Readily accept responsibility
- Self-motivated / driven to get results
Why join us:
- 5% Employer Pension contribution
- Unlimited training opportunities
- Free on-site parking
- Company sponsored Social events
- Long service awards
- Free Teas, coffees & fruits daily
- VDU-user eye test paid and payment towards glasses frames
- Yearly Flu vaccination vouchers
- Christmas Gift Vouchers of employee's choice
If you're interested in the role and would like to put yourself forward, please hit APPLY
Candidates with the relevant experience, qualifications, and job titles of: Quality Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing Quality Manager, Operational Improvement Manager, Quality Improvement Manager, Quality Improvement, Quality Assurance Lead, Quality Auditor, Continuous Improvement Manage may also be considered for this role.