£50,000 - £59,999
Chemical, Defence, Energy, Engineering Consultancy, Environment
Job Title: Safety Case Engineer
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh, UK - Hybrid
Compensation: £42,000 - £55,000 depending on experience + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF51848
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Safety Case Engineer at Faslane, Helensburgh
As a Safety Case Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will play a critical role in support the production, maintenance and development of Nuclear Safety Cases at HMNB Clyde.
Day to day, your role will include justifying Nuclear Propulsion (NP) activities and the impact on infrastructure at HMNB Clyde. You will support your Senior Safety Case Engineer to deliver safely on time, to specification and within an agreed budget; whilst ensuring close liaison with all key stake holders throughout.
Essential experience of the Safety Case Engineer:
This role would suit someone from an engineering or scientific back round, looking to take the next step in their career within a business that will fully support your development into a Safety Case Engineer.
* Working knowledge of Naval Nuclear Reactor plants would be desirable.
* Proficient use of MS Office software, in particular MS Excel and MS Word
* Well-developed presentation and communication skills
* Excellent relationship-building and networking skills.
* A good understanding of current nuclear relevant good practice and legislative/ regulatory requirements.
* A track record of making intelligent evidence-based decisions using various sources of data
* Candidates must demonstrate that they meet and uphold our Purpose and Principles.
This role provides hybrid working arrangements you will be expected to attend site as required by your project and/or line manager.
Qualifications for the Safety Case Engineer:
* Degree level qualification in an Engineering or Science discipline or a fully completed Engineering Apprenticeship plus further education to a minimum of HNC level (or equivalent qualification).
* Please note that this position is subject to national security vetting. The successful candidate will need to be a Sole UK National, who holds, or is able to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this will include obtaining SC and NNPPI level of security clearances).
* Generous holiday allowance
* Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
* 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity.
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.