Building & Construction
Job Title: Senior Administrator - Building Surveying
Location: Birmingham + Surrounding Areas
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Bruton Knowles LLP is an independently owned Chartered Surveying practice who provide a comprehensive range of surveying and property services.
We've taken on new, innovative ways of working to deliver our services and we've created a new strategy to target key areas of growth for the business including Building Surveying
They currently have positions available in Birmingham, Cardiff and the surrounding areas.
The purpose of the job is to assist in the management and organisation of the building surveying team across England and Wales.
We are looking for someone within commutable distance of either our Cardiff, Gloucester or Birmingham Office as they will need to work there on occasion.
* To be the initial point of contact for the building surveying team for reports, invoicing, equipment purchases or hire
* To arrange meetings and site inspections as necessary
* To assist the senior members to coordinate and establish standardised report templates and formats
* Deliver a process driven structure for managing clients using IT to a high level
* To co-ordinate and update staff CV’s and case studies and assist senior members in preparation of tender bids
* Co-ordinating and influencing the team manager and members to deliver items allocated to them
* Develop and manage a contact database of clients
* Co-ordinate PR articles
* Organise events by sending invitations and attending where appropriate (this could be out of office hours)
* Generate and analyse data from systems including utilisation and invoiced hours
* Utilise data to assist with management of the finances to enable effective cash flow
* To assist and make recommendations to maximise fee income, whilst retaining job profitability
* Liaison with the Corporate Team to support the success of the team
* Assist with audits where necessary
* A background in technical administration at a senior level. GCSE in English and Maths C and above or equivalent. Preferably with a Degree or equivalent (but not essential).
* Able to influence the team in providing efficient client services
* Personable style with the necessary confidence and ambition to grow your career as we achieve our plans to successfully grow the client base
* Have the gravitas and confidence to manage client relationships
* Ability to coach and mentor less experienced colleagues
* Have experience in managing fees, invoices and general financial management
* Ability to proactively move towards achieving personal and business targets and to deliver them
* Able to work in an organised and methodical manner, with a high level of attention to detail and to achieve strong report writing skills
* Able to identify and drive improvements within the team and the wider firm
* Manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensure deadlines are met
* Learn new skills and working methods and be adaptable to change
* Accept responsibility and, within parameters defined by the immediate performance manager, work on own initiative as required
* A proactive approach to work, with a strong team working ethos
* Ability to guide colleagues on systems and administration
* To have good knowledge of MS Office including excel spreadsheets and databases and be able to create formulas for appraisal
* Competitive Salary
* 23 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
* Flexible working options
* 3% Pension Contribution
* Preferential corporate rates for Private Healthcare
* Free access to the Medicash plan providing refunds on optical, dental, complimentary therapies etc
* Latest tech pack with laptop and mobile
* A Bruton Knowles New Starter Goody Bag
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Office Administrator, Administrator, Admin Assistant, Building Administration Clerk, Administrative Assistant, Receptionist, Secretary, Business Administrator, Business Administrator, Secretary, Support Administrator, Business Support, Executive Assistant, Office Assistant, Personal Assistant, EA, PA, Personal Assistant, Office Coordinator, Secretary, Clerk, Business Administrator, Executive Assistant may also be considered for this role.