Building & Construction
Job Title: Senior Building Surveyor
Job type: Full time – Permanent. 37 hours per week.
Gray Baynes + Shew was established in 1933 and is an award-winning architectural practice, based in Oxford. We have a keen eye for excellent design and a passionate focus on customer service. We work across a range of business sectors including Education, Defence and Healthcare and create buildings for all kinds of people and organisations. No matter the size or scale of a project – people are always at the heart of the spaces we create.
We have two Partner Architects and one Partner Surveyor, each with their own areas of expertise, who collaborate across sectors and projects to maximise the benefits of their experience for clients and end users.
We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments outside of work and believe that a good work-life balance is essential, so we offer a flexi-time scheme to enable you to plan your hours around your life. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a well-established multi-disciplinary practice in central Oxford and to become a key senior member of a dynamic and friendly team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Chartered Building Surveyor to join our team, working in a multi-disciplinary consultancy in central Oxford.
This is a client facing role and an opportunity to further expand your skills, build upon your experience and develop your career in a growing and successful team.
* Liaise with clients and consultants to formulate briefs, project programmes and allocate resources to achieve the scheme objectives.
* To liaise, programme & co-ordinate works with internal project delivery teams comprising of: Architects, Surveyors, technicians and interior designers
* To manage all project delivery stages (pre and post project) on a variety of schemes for various clients and frameworks
* Appoint and monitor the design team in order to ensure that design services are provided in good time to meet overall scheme objectives.
* Manage delivery teams (design teams and contractors) by monitoring performance against targets and instigating any corrective actions.
* Update clients and design teams on progress and maintain regular contact to ensure lines of communication remain open to facilitate any issues that may arise.
* Develop client briefs and provide advice to manage and improve their property portfolio
* Ensure scheme compliance with statutory and health and safety legislation
* Generate repeat business and participate in local business development initiatives
* Carry out building and measured surveys
* Analyse and report on building defects
* Ensure buildings conform to the latest building regulations and technical standards
* Advise on planning applications, appeals, boundary disputes, and Party Wall negotiations
* Complete and administer building contracts (typically JCT)
* Prepare schedules of dilapidations
We are happy to received applications from newly qualified/registered candidates however the following is desirable -
* Chartered member of either RICS or CIOB
* Experience in a similar role with a project work bias
* Highly literate with a personable demeanour
* Competent in the use of AutoCAD or Microstation drawing software, and the Microsoft Office suite
* Experience using Revit and Sketchup are preferable, but not essential
* Proven business development experience or an established client base
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to work and willingness to travel or stay away from home for short periods on occasion.
* You will get 24 days annual leave (Plus Bank Holidays)
* Health Insurance Included
* Company Pension provided
* Free off street parking
* Great location (Short walk from Bus/Train stations)
* Access to client social events
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Architectural Surveyor, Property Inspector, Building Engineer, Property Surveyor, Property Inspection Clerk, Building Inspection Clerk, Project Manager, Building Control Team Leader, Building Services Manager, Surveyor Team Leader, Senior Technical Manager, Technical Team Leader, Building Inspector, Building Control Officer, Construction Surveyor, Construction Project Manager may also be considered for this role.