£50,000 - £59,999
Communications, Defence, Marine, Nuclear
Job Title: Senior ILS Engineer
Location: Tewkesbury, Bristol or Plymouth + Flexible Working Arrangements
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benfits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54503
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior ILS Support Engineer within our Mission Systems business.
Mission Systems forms a critical and growing part of Babcock's Marine organisation. As a trusted provider for global defence & security, we have a wide portfolio of best-in-class technical solutions that enable our customers to carry out their missions. It's an exciting and fast paced business carrying out a diverse range of activities. Mission Systems employs over 1,200 people across the UK and overseas with the largest sites based in Bristol and Devonport.
We're looking for a dynamic, ambitious and eager individual to make a real impact by becoming our next Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) / Integrated Product Support (IPS) Engineer.
As a Senior ILS Engineer you'll be responsible for gathering the information required to develop and maintain the Supportability Case for complex systems.
Day to day, you'll
* Produce supportability case reports, under the direction of a highly experienced ILS Engineer and Manager.
* Ensure that the customer's equipment meets the through life support requirements to sustain operational capability.
* Build support models that enable decisions to optimise support solutions to balance availability and through life costs.
* Conduct other analyses including Packaging, Handling, Storage and Transportation (PHS&T), Supply Support and obsolescence.
Essential experience of the Senior ILS Engineer:
* Experience of In-Service Support of Military equipment.
* A working knowledge and understanding of wider ILS/IPS.
* Level 3 or above qualification in an appropriate field of engineering or logistics.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.
* Generous holiday allowance
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
* Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
* 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 30/11/23