£30,000 - £39,999
Job Title: Senior Quality Engineer
Compensation: £39,355 - £45,950
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF51380
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Quality Engineer at our Rosyth site.
As a Senior Quality Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll be responsible to provide functional advice, guidance, and support to the business on all matters related to the delivery of an effective quality assurance / control programme, ensuring outputs meet customer and regulatory requirements. Provides quality management and control over the quality of the product, process, or service through the employment of a range of techniques.
Day to day, you'll:
* Provide support for all Quality activities for Civil Nuclear programme(s).
* Provide Quality advice to support driving the Civil Nuclear programme(s) forward.
* Act as a point of contact for Quality activities with all stakeholders.
* Develop the Quality Plan, Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) and updating / reviewing the Inspection and Test Records (ITR)
* Develop and close out handover packs.
Essential experience of the Senior Quality Engineer,
* Proven relevant experience in a Quality Assurance or Quality Control role.
* Working experience in the construction and acceptance process with sufficient experience to enable a good understanding of adjacent activities and through life operational issues.
* Current experience as a Quality Engineer / Senior Quality within engineering / manufacturing industry.
* Experience and knowledge of managing the following quality certifications: ISO9001:2015, EN ISO 3834 Part 2.
This role is based onsite working 37 hours per week Monday to Friday (1pm finish on a Friday).
Qualifications for the Senior Quality Engineer,
* Member of Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) or working towards.
* ISO 9001:2015 Internal / Lead Auditor
* Working knowledge/qualifications of Quality Control activities i.e., CSWIP or PCN Level 2 Welding Inspector
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.
* Generous holiday allowance
* Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
* 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pages
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 02/06/2023